Hackers behind the big reds 4g lte outage

rebel541

Reaction score
Ima throw this idea out there, now I know it may be farfetched. It may be weird or crazy so bear with me. Maybe the line of heavy thunderstorms that ripped through the central states last night and are now pushinhg through states like tn and alabama may have knocked out some towers. Im throwing that out there despite how weird it may sound.

He's a witch!!!!!

Yep, that is ridiculous.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's them aliens. They're at it again. Where's the dang aluminum foil for my hat...I'm sure that will protect my noggin from a brain outage. I wonder of a foil hat for my TB will work??

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Ima throw this idea out there, now I know it may be farfetched. It may be weird or crazy so bear with me. Maybe the line of heavy thunderstorms that ripped through the central states last night and are now pushinhg through states like tn and alabama may have knocked out some towers. Im throwing that out there despite how weird it may sound.

He's a witch!!!!!

Yep, that is ridiculous.

that idea makes just as nuch if not more sense than hackers! mother nature is a bad maama jamma when shes pissed and if u dont believe that go get a woman in your and find out the hard way for yourself...!!!!

KillerKPD

Reaction score
Sorry, it's my fault. I upgraded to the new radio last night, and today the entire network is down. I'll put the old radio back. :blush:

Haha, I thought it was my fault because I just got my TB about a half hour ago and what do you know, I cant activate it......:icon_evil:

I called a VZ rep and she said that I could burn out my 4G sim if I kept the phone on trying to activate, is that possible??

Needless to say, my phone is powered down.....

Beardface

Reaction score
Would not be surprised if hackers did in Verizon's services. In my opinion, it was only a matter of time before it happened. Sony pissed off hackers with their stances about the PS3, and its not hard to believe that Verizon has done the same with their locked bootloaders, cracking down on tethering, etc.

What is worrisome is that if its true, what did the hackers get of our info? Sony came out and said that the hackers who took down their system got the following:

• Your name
  • Your address (city, state, and zip)
  • Country
  • E-mail address
  • Birthday
  • PSN password and login name
  • Credit Card information
If they were able to get that from Sony, lord only knows what they could get from Verizon...

tcayton49

Reaction score
perhaps god is upset at the Bionic delay and shut them down. God loves beautiful phones too, ya know.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah I'm getting the leftovers of a tornado right now. I haven't been able to make a call all day but my data 3G is usable.

n660623x

Reaction score
As far as info being stolen....all our info is readily accessible at all times to anyone who wants it when they want it....so I seriously wouldn't worry much about that....if it isn't verizon...it would b someone else

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

lettuce chief

Reaction score
yooo man this ain't even cool. this better be an update.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
yooo man this ain't even cool. this better be an update.

And if it's not, what are you going to do? Exactly, not a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

jawa6969

Reaction score
Per Verizons twitter:

We have determined cause of 4G LTE issue & are working with major vendors to restore connections. Details as they come.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've confirmed from several VZW sources this is not a hacker responsible for what's going on.

champaned_out

Reaction score
Customer care told me one of the storms knocked out their servers so its causing the nationwide outage.. not sure if I believe him but whatever

n660623x

Reaction score
Doesnt really matter what caused it does it? Fact remains it isnt fixed and they arent going to automatically extend a credit to the accounts of those affected. We will have to waste our time calling in and holding and probably argue because they will say it wasnt a total service outage so they arent going to issue a credit..