Hackers behind the big reds 4g lte outage

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets see if we can get this page linked out enough to see if Verizon decides to atleast give us answers and credit us without wasting too much time......

Verizon 4g LTE outage - We Want Answers | Facebook

Like It and pass it on
It's got 4 likes - this will certainly make them shudder.

There was no hackers behind this. This will be resolved, just like any other issue that has ever come up with Big Red. It's happened before, it will happen again I'm sure.

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Doesnt really matter what caused it does it? Fact remains it isnt fixed and they arent going to automatically extend a credit to the accounts of those affected. We will have to waste our time calling in and holding and probably argue because they will say it wasnt a total service outage so they arent going to issue a credit..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

It's a nationwide outage. No "those affected".

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

n660623x

Reaction score
Then every verizon wireless customer should b compensated if they are all affected. I strongly doubt they will.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
people are complaining about an outage which is out of verizons hands. We pay $30 a month for data. So far we havent been able to use it for a day. You think ima call and complain for a dollar credit. When it comes it comes. 3G is good for the moment dancedroid

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
people are complaining about an outage which is out of verizons hands. We pay $30 a month for data. So far we havent been able to use it for a day. You think ima call and complain for a dollar credit. When it comes it comes. 3G is good for the moment dancedroid
We pay $29.99 for data, it doesn't specify 3G or 4G or even a 100% data connectivity clause. I can still use data with 1X or 3G so we don't have much of a ground to stand on. The people complaining for a days worth of compensation need to get a life.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
We pay $29.99 for data, it doesn't specify 3G or 4G or even a 100% data connectivity clause. I can still use data with 1X or 3G so we don't have much of a ground to stand on. The people complaining for a days worth of compensation need to get a life.

Yup I agree with you. :icon_ banana:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

If this turned out to be an extended issue and nothing we did could provide us with a temporay fix then yeah they should compensate us. But we have a temporary fix that allows us to still use 3g.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Oh I agree. If this turns out to be a week long event then we need VZW to do something. Right now it's not even 12 hours for me. Cleveland lost LTE around noon. And I wonder if they shut it down trying to fix the problem.

slinky

Reaction score
Just got a call from a buddy he is a store manager with big red corp store i shot him a text when i came on this morning & read about the 4g lte network outage asked him what was up & he said he called the big reds corp office & it is looking more & more like hackers have shutdown the lte network something along the lines of a ddos attack if this is true this is big news

Even if it's 100% not true you can bet that's the story they will go with and hopefully concoct some half baked supporting evidence. Do you really think these execs want to have an embarrassment like this on their hands without some major scapegoat? This makes the worst AT&T outages look tame in comparison.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just got a call from a buddy he is a store manager with big red corp store i shot him a text when i came on this morning & read about the 4g lte network outage asked him what was up & he said he called the big reds corp office & it is looking more & more like hackers have shutdown the lte network something along the lines of a ddos attack if this is true this is big news

Even if it's 100% not true you can bet that's the story they will go with and hopefully concoct some half baked supporting evidence. Do you really think these execs want to have an embarrassment like this on their hands without some major scapegoat? This makes the worst AT&T outages look tame in comparison.

i thought they already came forward and said it was weather issues. to be honest as a company i would far rather admit to weather issues than being hacked, because that would make vzw look terrible. don't think hackers had anything to do with it but with the psn outage now entering it's tenth day i'm not surprised that there was a hacker rumor.