Verizon Wireless LTE Announcement Coming December 1st.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
verizon-lte-logo.jpeg

Verizon Wireless announced today they will be holding a news conference featuring Tony Melone, senior vice president and chief technical officer of Verizon Wireless, who will detail the company’s major 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution) network launch on December 1st. According to a recent press release Big Red will launch the world’s first and largest 4G LTE network in 38 major metropolitan areas, covering more than 110 million Americans, before the end of the year. Mark your calendars for 12:00 noon EST tomorrow!

Source: LTE Information Center

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
- now to get an LTE capable device with some nice specs :wink:

creaky

Reaction score
Yeah, VZW, let's step it up with some nice LTE dual-core devices for our stockings!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon has been advertising their 4G network on tv for the past two weeks.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe they'll slip in a device announcement as well :)

Reaction score
I hope this goes better than the Incredible HD thread. I wore the F5 print off my keyboard at work with anticipation of that phone dropping ROFL!!!

electric6

Reaction score
It would be very cool if they announced the new Stealth V, hdinc, or any tegra phone at all! But I'm betting they will just reveal pricing which in my predictions will be the following:

3G
1. 150mb @ $15 a month
2. 5gb @$30 a month

4G
1. 2gb @ $25 a month
2. 5gb @ $40 a month

As well as the annoucenment of any additional 4G usb dongles, and possible some some of netbook with 4G built in. We can all wish for an announcement for the hdinc, but I'm predicting sometime after CES next year followed by a feb, possibly late march release, if not the exact same release date as the original dinc.

lol ill bet bet 1cent that at least my pricing scheme mentioned above ends up being correct!

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
Are there any 4G phones for Verizon yet?

If they release a device, it'll probably be the Droid Droid, 4Droid Compatible, only on America's biggest 4Droid network, Droid Wireless. It runs Android Version.Droid.