Hackers behind the big reds 4g lte outage

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just got a call from a buddy he is a store manager with big red corp store i shot him a text when i came on this morning & read about the 4g lte network outage asked him what was up & he said he called the big reds corp office & it is looking more & more like hackers have shutdown the lte network something along the lines of a ddos attack if this is true this is big news

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Must have hit LTE and PS3 at the same time....

too soon?

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If it is hackers we are all screwed it will just GET VERIZON & OTHER WIRELESS COMPANYS & PHONE MANF A REASON TO LOCK DOWN SECURITY EVEN TIGHTER THAN IT IS NOW

astang99

Reaction score
I really hope that was meant as a smartass joke aimed towards Sony!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
If it is hackers we are all screwed it will just GET VERIZON & OTHER WIRELESS COMPANYS & PHONE MANF A REASON TO LOCK DOWN SECURITY EVEN TIGHTER THAN IT IS NOW

I can't imagine it would affect phones at all, maybe they would up the security on their servers.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Really hoping it isn't hackers that would really suck if they start locking everything down and i was just reading yesterday that moto was considering unlocking their bootloaders :/

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Really hoping it isn't hackers that would really suck if they start locking everything down and i was just reading yesterday that moto was considering unlocking their bootloaders :/

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

They put an important caveat in there,
“In terms of your question – we completely understand the operator requirement for security to the end user, and as well, want to support the developer communities desire to use these products as a development platform. It is our intention to enable the unlockable/relockable bootloader currently found on Motorola XOOM across our portfolio of devices starting in late 2011, where carriers and operators will allow it.”

So if no carriers want an unlocked bootloader, then we would still be SOL

Last edited:

rebel541

Reaction score
Sorry, it's my fault. I upgraded to the new radio last night, and today the entire network is down. I'll put the old radio back. :blush:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ima throw this idea out there, now I know it may be farfetched. It may be weird or crazy so bear with me. Maybe the line of heavy thunderstorms that ripped through the central states last night and are now pushinhg through states like tn and alabama may have knocked out some towers. Im throwing that out there despite how weird it may sound.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Ima throw this idea out there, now I know it may be farfetched. It may be weird or crazy so bear with me. Maybe the line of heavy thunderstorms that ripped through the central states last night and are now pushinhg through states like tn and alabama may have knocked out some towers. Im throwing that out there despite how weird it may sound.

He's a witch!!!!!