Growing frustration with the X - does not pair with Pioneer Navi system

MyNewDroidX

Reaction score
Pioneer USA - AVIC-Z110BT - Flagship In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with DVD Playback, Built-In Bluetooth, 7" WVGA Touchscreen Display[/URL]

Important thing to note is that the firmware update has nothing do to with Bluetooth on the system. But it did get the system to reboot. This also may be just a coincidence.

What is still not working is my ability to send media audio (like Pandora) to the Navi system - which works pretty well on my iPhone 4, and Incredible.

Ok, I followed your lead and downloaded the 1.001 firmware. I am now exactly in your shoes.

1. Bluetooth calling and contacts works.

2. Bluetooth media/audio does not work.

I tried a million different ways and I could not get the audio to work. I rebooted the head unit and phone several times. Tried all sorts of methods of having discovery on/off. No matter what I do, I cannot get the AUDIO to connect. On both DroidX and Pioneer you select the bluetooth profile (HandsFree & Audio or Audio or Handsfree). When I grab Audio or Handsfree & Audio it just fails.

I'm thinking about looking for a store that has a new Pioneer Z110bt with Avic 3.0 (I'm on 2.0). Maybe there is something else that has been updated.

P.S. I love how firmware was made for a "false parking brake failure" yet something also changed with the Bluetooth. Software companies :)

MyNewDroidX

Reaction score
Update: After some research the software/map upgrade for our Z110bt to Z120bt, has a much newer bluetooth firmware. Our BT firmware is 2.5 and the upgrade software has 3.1 (or something like that). In the new Z120bt they have a new feature called "Pandora Link" for the iPhone. So I'm sure they had to upgrade the bluetooth to support this through the iPhone (yes the Pandora Link is only for the iPhone right now).

I found a car audio place near the New Jersey shore (hr drive), so my wife and I going to take a ride and try it out. The guy I talked to was shocked I was having problem because he and his wife has the Z110bt and they stream bluetooth, but we both agreed the DroidX is brand new. I will let you know how I make out. I'm not sure what I will do if this works because the upgrade is $200.0! But I need to investigate this problem regardless.

Link to the upgrade.

Pioneer USA - CNSD-110FM - Map and GUI interface upgrade for AVIC-Z110BT

OP
M

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Update: After some research the software/map upgrade for our Z110bt to Z120bt, has a much newer bluetooth firmware. Our BT firmware is 2.5 and the upgrade software has 3.1 (or something like that). In the new Z120bt they have a new feature called "Pandora Link" for the iPhone. So I'm sure they had to upgrade the bluetooth to support this through the iPhone (yes the Pandora Link is only for the iPhone right now).

I found a car audio place near the New Jersey shore (hr drive), so my wife and I going to take a ride and try it out. The guy I talked to was shocked I was having problem because he and his wife has the Z110bt and they stream bluetooth, but we both agreed the DroidX is brand new. I will let you know how I make out. I'm not sure what I will do if this works because the upgrade is $200.0! But I need to investigate this problem regardless.

Link to the upgrade.

Pioneer USA - CNSD-110FM - Map and GUI interface upgrade for AVIC-Z110BT

Actually the Pandora capability has nothing to do with Bluetooth. It is a software enhancement that that works when you connect your iPhone to the AVIC via a cable. This is similar to the iPod / iPhone capability that is already on the AVIC. All it does is that it brings up an interface on the screen of the AVIC. I used Pandora as an example of the problem which I think is more of an A2DP thing. I am going to try and stream audio from the media player on the X and see whether than plays. If it does, then the problem could be how the X handles audio via the media player versus audio from other applications.

anuraj1

Reaction score
Android 2.1 doesn't have the ability to sync your phone's phonebook over bluetooth, so see if you can skip that step.
The BT sync pairs fine with my BMW.

That's pretty cool, as contact sharing over bluetooth was not officially supported until 2.2.

It is still a little frustrating with 2.2 on my Droid. My uncle's LG Chocolate Touch transferred his entire phonebook over to his car instantly. My Droid running 2.1 couldn't transfer anything at all to my 2010 Mazda 3, and now that I have 2.2, it only allows me to send one contact over at a time. I just gave up because it is so time consuming, and my state doesn't have a hands-free law yet.

anuraj1

Reaction score
To PUSH a phone book like that get Bluetooth File Transfer from the Market.

I tried that, still no luck. I thought it might be a limitation of my car's bluetooth capability, but i tried my uncle's phone, and his LG dumbphone achieved it instantly with my car as well. Not sure where the problem lies.

But I'm glad that yours works, and I'm glad that the OP has made some progress with his bluetooth issues.

MyNewDroidX

Reaction score
Update: Pioneer Z120bt works just fine. I ran to an car audio store and I was able to pair/connect and stream bluetooth from Pandora and the DroidX music player.

So now I don't know what to do. I definitely think upgrading my Z110bt with the upgrade pack from Pioneer would fix this problem, but $200 is a crap load of money to spend.

Oh what to do....

Possible solution: The guy at the car audio store said to call and harrass Pioneer. He said that have given customers upgrade options for thier previous Z2 series because the bluetooth wouldn't work. Maybe if we can get a couple people to group call them, we can get somewhere.

Last edited:

mastervader

Reaction score
Z110 pug to z120 works perfectly

Guys... I had a original droid running froyo connected to my z110bt upgraded to the z120bt.
I got my droid x and paired it with the pioneer.
You need to know that the z120 software upgrade will also upgrade your bt stack, and this will allow for various phones to be paired to the pioneer at the same time.
After I paired my droid x, I had to go to the settings in the pioneer and tell the unit to use both phone and media profiles with the X, because originally the pioneer wanted to use media audio with my x and phone with my old droid.

Also, the coolest feature now is that while streaming bluetooth audio, the head unit shows the song and artist name! Only works with mp3s and not pandora, but still the added feature is great.

1dp3655

Reaction score
Help... At bluetooth pairing, is your Droid X asking for you to enter your "passcode," normally 0000 or 1234. The X automatically paired my Plantronics ear BT without asking for a passcode. Then, on my Kenwood DNX 6150 car Navi system, the X recognized it, asked ask if I want to pair, but when I click Yes, it replies, "you entered the wrong passcode." The X never gave me an option to input my passcode and just went to the error. Am I the only one not having the option to enter a passcode?

Rob_W

Reaction score
Help... At bluetooth pairing, is your Droid X asking for you to enter your "passcode," normally 0000 or 1234. The X automatically paired my Plantronics ear BT without asking for a passcode. Then, on my Kenwood DNX 6150 car Navi system, the X recognized it, asked ask if I want to pair, but when I click Yes, it replies, "you entered the wrong passcode." The X never gave me an option to input my passcode and just went to the error. Am I the only one not having the option to enter a passcode?

My X asked me to put in the passcode at pairing.

I was having some other issues with my phone and a reset to factory settings seemed to have solved the issues I was having...

gadgets906

Reaction score
Same problem with MB and Kenwood system

I share the frustration, older Motorola Droid running 2.1 pairs to all our cars systems and download phone contacts. Droid X will pair, however fails to download any phone information, contacts etc. This is a deal breaker unless someone comes up with a fix?:motdroidhoriz:

MyNewDroidX

Reaction score
OTA Question: Has anyone of you guys tried the new 604 OTA (over the air) update?

One of the listed features is about "Updated Bluetooth connection for enhnced video sharing experience".

I know we are not talking about BT video, but any changes regarding BT might just make a difference.

maidmarianiii

Reaction score
I don't know what to do now.....I have the Eclipse 720e Nav system and all my bluetooth stuff works fine with the X, but this damn $2000.00 system doesn't know its North from South, even after current updates. Was about to switch it out with a new one and the Pioneer was on the list. Do I want to be able to use my Droid, or know which direction i'm going? May have to wait for 2.2 before I decide.

gadgets906

Reaction score
OTC update which is in the setting menu to load, installed today, still no luck transferring contacts to car phone system:motdroidhoriz: