Problems pairing Droid X with GM 2010 Car's stereo / Onstar

vcdburn

Reaction score
Pre droid I had my HTC xv6900 paired to the 2010 Camaro's stereo and also an iTouch paired through bluetooth for playing my music. When I made a call with the onstar button the stereo would mute the iTouch and dial the phone number using the cell phone.

I would like to have the same ability with my new droid x but can only get it to pair on the phone side... sort of. Now the only way to get it to go through my cell plan with it paired is to dial the phone manualy. If I use the onstar button it uses my onstar plan. Anyways... I would the Droid x to work through the Onstar Automatic bluetooth dial button. also...

Has anyone had luck setting up / playing music from their droid with GM cars? I assume I can't have it paired twice but if I delete the pairing with the "phone + Stereo" setting and attempt the "phone + GPS" pairing it still does not allow music. It just connects it as a phone. If I really had to choose between the two i would choose the music.

Any ideas?

Thanks

wheelman

Reaction score
I don't know about the droid x yet (i have one on the way) but with my droid, you can't use bluetooth voice dial via the steering wheel button because it doesnt support that profile on android 2.1. when I updated my droid to 2.2, that profile is supported and the function works. I assume the droid x on 2.1 is the same way.

OP
V

vcdburn

Reaction score
I see... Any luck with streaming music through bluetooth? Also, thanks

EricRN

Reaction score
I had a major issue with my F150 and SYNC. But this was a incredible....

Wasson101

Reaction score
I don't know if this will help, but try going to Menu>Settings>Wireless & Networks>Bluetooth Settings and than under "Bluetooth Devices" long click on your device and select options and see if all the Bluetooth profiles are showing up and checked...

grundei

Reaction score
DroidX - 2010 Onstar

Most fo the time it works great - however ocassionally the following happens:

After pushing the button on the steering wheel, saying "Bluetooth", then saying "voice", then giving it a voice command such as "Call Joe Smith Home" it quickly beeps and says "Good Bye" and the heater/radio come back on. You think the call failed - but it is still preceeding on the phone only. (So the party you are calling answers etc - but only on the Droid.)

If you then hit the button in the steering wheel it will say "Transferring" and the call will be back on the ONstar system.

The Droid has stayed within 2 feet of the radio and not moved so it should not be a lost Bluetooth signal.

Anyone have any ideas?
(Verizon and GM both say not their fault)