Droid x and uconnect interference after pairing

JYD6901

Reaction score
I have tried numerous times connecting and pairing my droid x to my uconnect bluetooth in my 2007 jeep and it pairs with no problem at all, but once connected i have interference noise that I and the caller both cannot hear each other for several seconds. This happens approx. every 20-30 seconds and becomes extremely frustrating. I also know a couple of other people with exact same problem and mysteriously we all have a jeep or chrysler which use the uconnect for bluetooth technology and have droid x or droid 2 android version 2.2.1 and upgraded system version 2.3.3. I had this jeep for 3 years and never had this problem with my blackberry. I had contacted verizon, uconnect, jeep, motorola and all unable to help me. verizon had given me 3 brand new droid x phones to try and see if I would get lucky resolving problem, but still no good. THERE HAS TO BE A SITUATION WITH THE SOFTWARE COMPATIBILITY. I JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS ON SOME OTHER PEOPLES JEEP or CHRYSLER UCONNECT BLUETOOTH SYSTEM AND NOT OTHERS. IS ANYONE ABLE TO GIVE ME ANY FURTHER INFO. ON THIS PROBLEM ?

echew

Reaction score
I have tried numerous times connecting and pairing my droid x to my uconnect bluetooth in my 2007 jeep and it pairs with no problem at all, but once connected i have interference noise that I and the caller both cannot hear each other for several seconds. This happens approx. every 20-30 seconds and becomes extremely frustrating. I also know a couple of other people with exact same problem and mysteriously we all have a jeep or chrysler which use the uconnect for bluetooth technology and have droid x or droid 2 android version 2.2.1 and upgraded system version 2.3.3. I had this jeep for 3 years and never had this problem with my blackberry. I had contacted verizon, uconnect, jeep, motorola and all unable to help me. verizon had given me 3 brand new droid x phones to try and see if I would get lucky resolving problem, but still no good. THERE HAS TO BE A SITUATION WITH THE SOFTWARE COMPATIBILITY. I JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS ON SOME OTHER PEOPLES JEEP or CHRYSLER UCONNECT BLUETOOTH SYSTEM AND NOT OTHERS. IS ANYONE ABLE TO GIVE ME ANY FURTHER INFO. ON THIS PROBLEM ?

Happens to me. Turn of WiFi and it will go away. I think its caused by interference between BT and WifI.

OP
J

JYD6901

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. It worked !!!

Echew !!!!!!!! Thank you so much for this response. You were 100 percent right. There is some sort of interference as soon as i turn on the wifi while using blutooth. I had been working on this problem for almost 2 months and nobody had told me that including just answer.com highly skilled technicians. Once again, thank you very much, jyd6901.

echew

Reaction score
Echew !!!!!!!! Thank you so much for this response. You were 100 percent right. There is some sort of interference as soon as i turn on the wifi while using blutooth. I had been working on this problem for almost 2 months and nobody had told me that including just answer.com highly skilled technicians. Once again, thank you very much, jyd6901.

No problem, I found out about it in a forum I read somewhere and makes sense when you think about it cause Wifi use the same radio frequencies.

riney44

Reaction score
Pairing Issue - WiFi not the issue

I have a Droid X. It was paired perfectly to a 2009 Chrysler Aspen. I traded it in for a 2011 Dodge Durango. Went through the pairing process and everything went as planned. On my Bluetooth devices screen it shows the UCoinnect. The icon is a "headphone". The device for my previous 2009 Chrysler had an icon of a "bluetooh earpiece, with mic" Press and hold the device and select options. There is a profiles menu with either Phone or Media boxes to check. The Droid X will not let me check the Phone box. While in the vehicle my bluetooth icon turns blue, indicating it is connected. The Uconnect says no phone available. I can see the cycling in and out of the phone battery level and signal strength on the Uconnect screen. I do not have my WiFi turned on. I have reset the Uconnect, deleted all paired devices, etc. a number of times. Same result. I paired my wife's Blackberry and it works just fine.

It worked on one UConnect in my 2009, but now won't work in my new 2011 model. It seems like it is modulating on and off with the phone connection.

FRUSTRATED!!!

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Ok I have a 2009 jeep grand cherokee and my uconnect BLOWS! I can't stand it. Especialy when I say call ______ and it says "did you say call900567?" Ever since I went back on the android os bluetooth just hasn't worked. Once you find a solution let me know. Its frustrating.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
And now that I read the other posts im gonna try the wifi thing too! Wishme luck

echew

Reaction score
I have a Droid X. It was paired perfectly to a 2009 Chrysler Aspen. I traded it in for a 2011 Dodge Durango. Went through the pairing process and everything went as planned. On my Bluetooth devices screen it shows the UCoinnect. The icon is a "headphone". The device for my previous 2009 Chrysler had an icon of a "bluetooh earpiece, with mic" Press and hold the device and select options. There is a profiles menu with either Phone or Media boxes to check. The Droid X will not let me check the Phone box. While in the vehicle my bluetooth icon turns blue, indicating it is connected. The Uconnect says no phone available. I can see the cycling in and out of the phone battery level and signal strength on the Uconnect screen. I do not have my WiFi turned on. I have reset the Uconnect, deleted all paired devices, etc. a number of times. Same result. I paired my wife's Blackberry and it works just fine.

It worked on one UConnect in my 2009, but now won't work in my new 2011 model. It seems like it is modulating on and off with the phone connection.

FRUSTRATED!!!

I don't know much about the newer models of UConnect, just what worked for my 2007 Caliber. I would suggest bringing it to the dealer with the phone and show them. Perhaps theres a needed software update for UConnect?

glacieredlightning

Reaction score
I also had connectivity problems but I traced it to the 'Touchdown" email app that I had installed. Moment I got rid of that uconnect works every single time with wi-fi enabled.

Don't know what the possible co-rellation is between the two but it worked for me.

hope it helps a few others out there who might be using 'Touchdown"

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Well turned wifi off while in the jeep....perfect connection with uconnect. Thanks for posting this!

tuckersmyth

Reaction score
Echew, I owe you big!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been struggling with my bluetooth connectivity ever since I got my Droid X2. I have gone through three different bluetooth headsets and researched every Droid forum on the internet for an answer to the interference problems I was having. And then I finally posed a query in such a way that I came across your post from last January.

Wifi interfering with the Bluetooth signal. Duh! It seems so logical. And so far with WiFi turned off I have not had the bluetooth headset cut out on me.

Why I never had the problem with my Droid X i don't know. But thanks again for your post.

a2cpc

Reaction score
I have the incredible 2 want doesn't want to connect with my Subaru. Had a Driod which did just fine. It connects flawlessly with my home telephone system, which is bluetooth. I am running bluetooth app that turns on the bluetooth everytime I plug it into power.

Casen

Reaction score

FRUSTRATED!!!

Did you ever solve this problem? My wifes droid 4 works perfectly, but my razr has your exact problem.