Growing frustration with the X - does not pair with Pioneer Navi system

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by mapexvenus, Jul 16, 2010.

1. mapexvenus

mapexvenus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In addition to other issues I have reported, I found to my dismay that my X refuses to pair with my car navigation system. I have had absolutely no problem pairing my iPhone 4, Droid Incredible, and my wife's Droid Eris to the same system.

The phone seems to pair and asks whether I will allow the navi system to access my phone book, and then everything hangs once I approve the request.

If I can't fix this problem by today then my phone is making its way back to the Verizon

2. MyNewDroidX

MyNewDroidX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :stupid:

I have to same exact problem with my Pioneer Z110bt. Iphone, Blackberry bold, HTC Incredible all connect and play fine. I have spent like 4 hours in the past day on this. I even called Pioneer and they said it's probably the phone (I agree).

Also my brother Evo 4G won't connect either...WTF android!?

I will be switching if I can't figure this out. I did find some information that maybe HTC Incredible is using older version of bluetooth from Android 1.5/1.6, even though they are runnning 2.1. Maybe this is why both the EVO and DroidX are having problems and the Incredible is not.

Frustrated...I would rather have iPhone antenna problems :) Although I will concede my iPhone3G sounded horrible streaming bluetooth where my wifes Bold sounds better than CD quality.

3. JCo352

JCo352 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It should work better with Froyo, which is scheduled for August.

4. ewells2420

ewells2420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I have to laugh at people who threaten to take the phone back, like it wont be eventually fixed with a software update.

5. mapexvenus

mapexvenus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad we could entertain you. I should direct you to the forums that discuss Apple iPhone 4 issues - you will probably be laughing for a few weeks.

6. mapexvenus

mapexvenus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Navi system is also the Pioneer Z110bt. It 'connects' but is unable to do anything else.

7. MyNewDroidX

MyNewDroidX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you on the new 3.0 avic? I was thinking about finding a store with a z110 on display and try hooking to it. I don't believe it has a different software in regards this problem, but its worth a shot.

8. MyNewDroidX

MyNewDroidX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't say much about this, but i am c++ developer with a pretty advanced software company. For us its hard to fix a bug that is not a problem on all platforms and hardware configuartions. Without our source code and VS debugged running on a computer that exibits the bug its hard to fix.

I fear this might be something similar. These aren't computers and devices that u can just try different drivers and configurations.

I hope this will be fixed, but if its limited to certain devices. I question if they can fix it. Bluetooth in general is one crappy standard in my opinion.

9. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Android 2.1 doesn't have the ability to sync your phone's phonebook over bluetooth, so see if you can skip that step.

It should sync with you bluetooth hands-free in your car if you have that though for hands-free phone purposes. Is there a reason to connect a navigation system to it? Or is that your hands-free phone system?

And if key features don't work for you, you should absolutely take the phone back. There is nothing funny about that at all.

10. mapexvenus

mapexvenus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your response. I have Android 2.1 on my Incredible and Eris and am able to access my phone's phonebook from my Navi system via bluetooth. Yes. My Navi system is my hands free phone system + navigation + audio system.

11. mapexvenus

mapexvenus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed a firmware update on the AVIC z100bt and I can now access the phone's phonebook from the system and actually make calls. I haven't tested call quality as yet because my wife didn't answer when I called her, LOL. :heart:

The firmware update is available on this page: Pioneer USA - AVIC-Z110BT - Flagship In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with DVD Playback, Built-In Bluetooth, 7" WVGA Touchscreen Display

Important thing to note is that the firmware update has nothing do to with Bluetooth on the system. But it did get the system to reboot. This also may be just a coincidence.

What is still not working is my ability to send media audio (like Pandora) to the Navi system - which works pretty well on my iPhone 4, and Incredible.

12. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting about the Eris and Incredible being able to share the phonebook over bluetooth. That is a feature of Froyo, which is coming later this year.

HTC has been known to put their own version of the Bluetooth stack on their phones, which may be why those phones were able to do that.

This may or may not help, but on 2.1 I had to pair my phone to my droid (search for the car on my droid in the wireless&networks menu and choose to connect) while on 2.2 I have to make my phone visible in the bluetooth menu and then pair the car to the phone.

Like I said, it may or may not help to try it the opposite way of how you are doing it, but that's the only thing I can think of. I wish I could help more.

Search tags for this page
how to connect phone to pioneer navi

how to pair samsung galaxy s4 with pioneer avic x940bt

pair samsung galaxy s3 with pioneer avic-z120bt

pair z120bt with samsung s3
pioneer avic x 940 not pairing
pioneer f700bt how to connect bluetooth
pioneer stereo wont pair with iphone for navigation system
samsung galaxy s3 bluetooth pioneer f700bt
trouble connecting pioneer avic f700bt with my samsung galax
unable to pair with pioneer navi