Greed?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know about anybody else, but I for one feel a little used and abused. A little more than a month ago I bought what I thought was the best phone availble to the market (Droid). Now google and motorola have released numerous "super phones" almost directly after. I'm a little more than upset about this, how do they expect to build a proper fan base, i.e. iPhone followers, if each time they release a phone they step on all their customers the next month with a better phone????

Motorola really haven't released any Super phones per-say. Some announced, and even an update to the droid was talked about, with a better keyboard that people can actually use. Google came out with nexus one, but really that's just basically a droid with a FM tuner and a little better processor. Technology is just an ever changing beast. Yes it does suck to some degree that it changes as fast as it does, but i can assure you that the droid is about 1 million times better then my old phone. Another thing is that apple for now had only 1 type of iphone, but once their exclusive contract with at&t is up, if i remember correctly they will be releasing other models that aren't the same size nor specs as the one they have currently, or of the 4g model either (should be announced the 27th).

The droid already has a HUGE customer base. When making the distinction between the droid and the iphone is that you have to realize that the # of people that bought the iphone is not relative. The iphone was released is many countries, not just the USA, and all the figures were put into one.

Motorola will come out with new and better versions of the droid, just as apple is coming out with another new iphone. The new iphone is 4g compatible, but it does no good on a network that barely has a 3g infrastructure. When Motorola makes the new droid that has 4g on it, you can be sure that it will be a top notch phone.

New technology happens quickly, and yes it does get frustrating sometimes when you see all this new stuff come out only like 1-2 months after you bought something that was top notch when you got it.

Istus

Reaction score
The droid is my first smartphone. I came from an older Samsung slider which got me by. Since I was on a family plan, I wasn't in a place to complain while friends and others pulled out their own brand new and fancy phones surfing the web, shooting emails again and so on.

Now that I broke away from the family plan, I decided I would treat myself to a nice phone given the fact that I also accepted a job offer. Being an engineer, a computer geek, and a technology nerd, I know full well that the pace of smart phone related technologies. I know that the capabilities of processors doubles approximately 2 years according to Moores law and has been that way for decades.

I am excited for the competition that RIM, Google, Apple and others have set the stage for. Apple holds a large share, RIM is declining, and Google is rising. The intensifying competition will only draw out better products so when I upgrade again in two years, I am sure my phone will be light years ahead of my current droid. With competition, the only true winner is the consumer.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
look at the iphone and how it changes ONCE AN YEAR, and even then it doesn't make the previous iphone model look useless

Droid just came out now a better version is coming out, Nexus One is coming out all within a few months

it's reasons like this why android will never be serious competition to the iphone