GPS Issues Cropping Up with Jelly Bean on Galaxy Nexus; Quick Easy Fix Available

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
g-nex-jellybean-gps-issue.jpeg

It's pretty exciting that Jelly Bean is already available for the Galaxy Nexus, and owners across the globe are excitedly upgrading their devices to it. For a few users, they have experienced a strange glitch with the new upgrade. Apparently, after applying the Android 4.1.1 patch, their GPS no longer functions properly. For some reason it can't get a fixed location, even while in clear view of satellites. It's definitely a strange anomaly, that can leave you a bit stranded if you use your GPS location tracking much. Luckily, there is a very simple and easy fix to get it going again.

The fix is simply to go to Settings > Location services. Then uncheck and re-check "Google's location service." That's it. Our users have shared that this fix works just fine, so it could simply be a stuck cache setting, that requires a reset to the servers. It's odd that this wasn't caught in testing, but the fix is so easy, that it doesn't look like too much of a problem. Still, we thought it worth sharing, just in case any of our members were experiencing these issues.

Source: GalaxyNexusForum

forum8417

Reaction score
i have this phone on verizon so ill keep that in mind if it happens to my phone in 5 months when i receive 4.1

pyro6128

Reaction score
i have this phone on verizon so ill keep that in mind if it happens to my phone in 5 months when i receive 4.1

Why not root and have it now? Its been available for the Verizon gnex since the day after Jelly Bean was announced.

pistacio

Reaction score
Edit: retracted my post.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2