1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GPS Issues Cropping Up with Jelly Bean on Galaxy Nexus; Quick Easy Fix Available

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jul 23, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

It's pretty exciting that Jelly Bean is already available for the Galaxy Nexus, and owners across the globe are excitedly upgrading their devices to it. For a few users, they have experienced a strange glitch with the new upgrade. Apparently, after applying the Android 4.1.1 patch, their GPS no longer functions properly. For some reason it can't get a fixed location, even while in clear view of satellites. It's definitely a strange anomaly, that can leave you a bit stranded if you use your GPS location tracking much. Luckily, there is a very simple and easy fix to get it going again.

The fix is simply to go to Settings > Location services. Then uncheck and re-check "Google's location service." That's it. Our users have shared that this fix works just fine, so it could simply be a stuck cache setting, that requires a reset to the servers. It's odd that this wasn't caught in testing, but the fix is so easy, that it doesn't look like too much of a problem. Still, we thought it worth sharing, just in case any of our members were experiencing these issues.

Source: GalaxyNexusForum
  2. forum8417

forum8417 New Member

i have this phone on verizon so ill keep that in mind if it happens to my phone in 5 months when i receive 4.1
  3. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

Why not root and have it now? Its been available for the Verizon gnex since the day after Jelly Bean was announced.
  4. pistacio

pistacio New Member

Edit: retracted my post.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2
Search tags for this page
galaxy nexus gps issues
galaxy s3 gps not working
galaxy s3 jelly bean gps problems
galaxy s3 poor gps
gps broke nexus
how to fix jellybean cant crop
jelly bean gps fix lock