Google's Gmail Hit With Service Disruption

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Google_Error_502.jpg

Avid users of Google's Gmail probably have noticed some hinky happenings going on today. The service has been hit with some kind of service disruption. The symptom is that people who use Gmail are receiving their mail very slowly, with emails coming in to their inbox as much as an hour after being sent. In some rare instances, the emails don't even come in at all. Here at FF HQ, we have experienced this ourselves, which has made it a bit more difficult to get the stories cranked out as quickly as we would like.

We aren't sure which regions of the globe are being affected by this "outage," so it is possible it is isolated to either the USA or to certain regions of that country. Sound off if you have experienced Gmail issues in your area of the world. There's no official word from Google explaining what the problem is, but we will keep you updated when we find out more details.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looks like it only took a few hours for Google to fix the issue. Gmail seems to be responding normally now.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Man didn't realize it was down, wonder why my phone has been quiet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Big Ry

Reaction score
Probably unrelated, but I received an email today from Google saying someone tried to access my account in the Netherlands. By all accounts, the email looked legit, but I still didn't follow the link to change my password. Perhaps a mass phishing attack on Google servers? Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4