Google's agenda to be Android's failure? Or are we just slaves

kevin1016

Reaction score
You are 100% correct. But if you expect the current 20 somethings to give a damn, you are in for a rude awakening. It sucks, but they have been conditioned to think only of themselves and the present moment. By design.
Yeah, because the only ones who seem to "give a damn" are the old, conservative charlatans with tin foil hats. Please, resume the Google induced fetal position and we'll continue to reap all the technological benefits.

destrekor

Reaction score
Google will not be releasing a Google Phone. That, alone, puts a pretty big hole in the first post's argument.
;)

All this talk about a Google Phone is from a lot of ignorant Google employees, who just don't understand what they are being told about the phone being given to them.

It is simply the ADP3. The ADP1 was the same hardware build as the G1 released on T-Mobile, and both the ADP1 version and the consumer version lacked HTC branding.

No reason why ADP3, which is likely going to be releases as the Nexus One on T-Mobile, is any different. And there will be other versions of the Nexus One released on other carriers, possibly with a different external style but otherwise same internal components (different cell radios, of course), just like the HTC Hero. Though it was the HTC Magic (T-Mobile MyTouch) that served the ADP2 role.

OP
L

LordKastle

Reaction score
This person must be living in a cave to say there is no Google phone...The one news rumor that said the Google phone was a rumor started by Apple was proven false. No a bunch of Google employees who regularly beta test phones before the release are not mistaken.

There are plenty of news reports indicating Verizon refused the Google Phone..and now you understand the true logic behind it.

But one more thing, if you think the concept of what the original post was talking about is JUST factoring in one phone release, then you are mistaken and need to do a little research on your own.

But thats okay, we are all allowed to have an opinion.

______

And Kevin, I understand the logic behind your post but I find some of the generations you spoke of are actually the ones trying to push the awareness idea. We must become aware in order to gain insight.

There are a lot of things that seem to distract us from the realities actually before us.

Last edited:

Dragoro

Reaction score
Well, at least they are 'legally' stealing our identities. LOL
It's all Al Gore's fault, remember he invented the internet.:rofl3:
omfg lol!:icon_ worthless:

LOL how would you suggest posting a pic of Gore saying he invented the internet? Seems pretty impossible to post a pic of anyone saying anything and be able to tell what hes saying.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, at least they are 'legally' stealing our identities. LOL
It's all Al Gore's fault, remember he invented the internet.:rofl3:
omfg lol!:icon_ worthless:

LOL how would you suggest posting a pic of Gore saying he invented the internet? Seems pretty impossible to post a pic of anyone saying anything and be able to tell what hes saying.
ok they didn't have an emoticon that said video excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!! ever hear of youtube?;)

Batfan.com

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with all 3 points.

Agree.

Google's stated goal is to catch up and pass MS Office by 4Q 2010. I see no reason to doubt them.

Android - Nokia uses Symbian, which has not seen much innovation compared to smart phones.

GMail is already FAR superior to Yahoo! and client server based e-mail systems such as Exchange and Lotus Notes.

Look it is not like I don't like Google products but step away from fanboy status for a moment.

GMAIL - does not have as many users as Yahoo Mail (though I admittedly find this baffling as to why) and has far less corporate seats than Exchange. This isn't about what I think is better, this is purely by the numbers.

Docs - If you think Docs is any way ready to compete with office... I want a look at what prescriptions you are taking. For a lot of things, Docs is "good enough" but that is not going to be enough. Heck, even without Office you still have OpenOffice and couple of others that are more feature rich. Except for a few small enhancements Docs has remained stagnant since it's release.

Android is the one big product that Google has hit on lately, but like it or not Nokia is (for now) the number one phone maker in the world.

While many people focus only on the hits, Google has had just as many misses (froogle, Jaiku, Orkut (yes, big in Brazil... not sure that is what they were going for), remember Google Video? Did anybody even notice it closed? Google Answers and so on... Google is a great company, but they are not SkyNet... yet

Sorry to say but, being a "fanboy" has nothing to do with it. This is simply a matter of preference. Kindly keep your labels to yourself ;)

JayMonster

Reaction score
Sorry to say but, being a "fanboy" has nothing to do with it. This is simply a matter of preference. Kindly keep your labels to yourself ;)

I did not mean it like that (mea culpa)... It being the "preference" is what I am talking about. I LIKE using Doc, and GMail is my default e-mail client now... so yes, I am a "fan" (and not a fanboy, again I apologize for poorly wording that), but when trying to look at it objectively, Docs has not set the world on fire and made people leave Office in droves... Gmail has not dethroned the existing WebMail leaders nor is the Enterprise edition in the same league as far as number of seats as Exchange.

Not that they are good or bad, because clearly personally I have bought in and like them... but Google has NOT done the same thing in these spaces as it has done with search. That is all I am trying to say.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't like how Google is trying to gather all the information and data it can about every individual and company within every industry and put it in a nest-egg for their own dictatorship and disposal. Slowly but surely Google wants to be the head of the Globalist agenda. They want to be at the center of information processing.
Why did you get an Android device then? Nothing you're posting is new about Google. Information has always been their core business. Their apps and services may be free but that doesn't mean that they come without a cost.

Are we going to allow them to dictate to us the actions of our entire lives? Gmail, Checkout, Voice, Nav, Maps..now Places Directory... what else?
We already are. I doubt you'll change the course of the masses. As already stated in this thread, the youngsters don't care about such matters. They don't even think twice about giving up their privacy. How do you think a rant like this is going to appeal to them and convince them otherwise? Even to me it comes across as a paranoid rant. I know you have valid concerns but this isn't the way to sell them to those that don't care. You're preaching to the choir.

Every time a new app is released, if Google sees potential in it, they will make their own version and promote it as superior.
Why would a company make their own version of an app and not promote it as superior?

Don't hate Microsoft for monopolization when Google is twice as worse.
How, exactly, is Google "twice as worse"? You're forcing us to take your word.

I'd rather see a raw Android device with choice rather than being forced to use all of their native applications.
...and what native apps are you "forced" to use? Granted, you have to have gmail.

Last edited: