Google is taking your gun away

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
progression-of-emojis-720x720.jpg

If you are one of those gun owning Americans worried about the Federal Government taking your guns away, you should have been watching Google. /Joke However, they are replacing the emoji. Emojipedia noticed that Google's emoji repository on GitHub was updated and the old revolver has been replaced with a Super Soaker style water gun. Google has previously stated they had no plans to change this emoji, but apparently they will be following this trend first started by Apple in 2016. Samsung and Twitter changed theirs recently too. As you can see in the graphic, Facebook and Microsoft still use the revolver...for now.

Source: Digital Trends

Last edited:

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
progression-of-emojis-720x720.jpg

If you are one of those gun owning Americans worried about the Federal Government taking your guns away, you should have been watching Google. /Joke However, they are replacing the emoji. Emojipedia noticed that Google's emoji repository on GitHub was updated and the old revolver has been replaced with a Super Soaker style water gun. Google has previously stated they had no plans to change this emoji, but apparently they will be following this trend first started by Apple in 2016. Samsung and Twitter changed theirs recently too. As you can see in the graphic, Facebook and Microsoft still use the revolver...for now.

Source: Digital Trends
I like my gun emoji. I'm sad to see it getting replaced.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Jokes on you Google, my supersoaker is filled with acid.

I mean, honestly.... The gun emoji, omgesus there's a gun emoji, I'm so scurred...

void facepalm(hard);

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Man I had to laugh at the title. Classic clickbait for the right person there. Good job.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Man I had to laugh at the title. Classic clickbait for the right person there. Good job.

I'm not sure how it's clickbait

They are technically taking away the gun and replacing it with a super soaker because that makes a huge difference

I'm sure this new emojis going to stop any and all mass shootings from ever occurring again

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I don't use emoji's but I can understand why. if you are a kid and use it, you most likely get kicked out of school. I will stick with the old fashion ascii emoticons and what they turn into on some forums :) been using those since the bbsing days.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't use emoji's but I can understand why. if you are a kid and use it, you most likely get kicked out of school. I will stick with the old fashion ascii emoticons and what they turn into on some forums :) been using those since the bbsing days.
So... Now they use a squirt gun and that's ok?

The entire idea is stupid is all I'm saying.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was going for humor, not click bait. Sorry if it is.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Clickbait was probably the wrong word there. I liked the title for the humor. I'm sure no one is thinking Google will physically go skynet and start collecting guns.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
So... Now they use a squirt gun and that's ok?

The entire idea is stupid is all I'm saying.

It makes no difference to me. they could have both for all I care. I personally don't think what they are doing is stupid. society has changed big time since I was in school. If I were in school today and did the things I did back then, I would have been expelled many time and possibly even have a police record.