Google Goggles

necr0

Reaction score
I've had luck with my laptop and Tostitos dip lol, haven't tried anything else...

vonfink13

Reaction score
it liked my wheat thins and my kids fruit roll-ups, but did not the girl scout cookies..and they were thin mints...!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
worked pretty well for me... anyone see any stability issues with their phone after installing this?

AnnDroid

Reaction score
I was in Famous Dave's BBQ for dinner. I scanned the front of the menu and, sure enough, it pulled up Famous Dave's web site. It took me to the "Find a Locaton" page but, of course, since I was already in a Famous Dave's it was totally useless. But fun!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Business Cards

Ok I thought this was lame because I have been taking pics of lots of stuff without results..

But the business card part kick ass!

Wow! Take a pic of someone's business card and it categorizes the phone number/name/website/email and lets you add all of it directly to your contacts. Amazing!

FNDelta

Reaction score
worked well! burt's bees, visene, netflix, dr. pepper to name a few

ucpro

Reaction score
has anyone found a way to put in your own info in when the scanner can't catch it? like if i scan my wii controller and i don't get a result, i should be able to type in nintendo wii under google search and add it to the database.

zegolf

Reaction score
I wonder what the backend on something like this is? I'm imagining a room full of code monkeys feverishly searching for the pictures that people are "sending" to google goggles. It's also kinda scary if you think about it. You're taking a picture of random crap, and it's FINDING it.

joegrind

Reaction score
I wonder what the backend on something like this is? I'm imagining a room full of code monkeys feverishly searching for the pictures that people are "sending" to google goggles. It's also kinda scary if you think about it. You're taking a picture of random crap, and it's FINDING it.
This app is awesome....reminds me of that chase scene in Minority Report. With regards to how it's done, I remember Google having an online 'game' where they'd send you images and you'd have to create word tags and match it with your 'opponent'. I'm sure some of that data must be used.

I also like the GPS feature.....you can just spin in a circle and get nearby restaurants, bars etc....with reviews.