Google's Video Demo of potential future-tech as it Officially Unveils Google Goggles

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;9c6W4CCU9M4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9c6W4CCU9M4[/video]​

Not too long ago we reported on some cool new tech that Google was supposedly working on in their secret and experimental labs. That tech was then called "Google Goggles" although now they are calling it "Project Glass." They haven't shared any product details or release time-line, but they have several pics of people wearing a potential version of the high-tech glasses. The final design may end up different. They also released the video above, that is supposed to demonstrate what they eventually intend the product to do. The tech is pretty slick, and if they can pull it off, it could just change the way we view and interact in the world. In fact, it would not be too far-fetched to say that "Project Glass" shows that Apple isn't the only innovative company that can come up with ideas and designs that can change the world. Kudos to Google and their engineers!

glass_photos5.jpg

Check out the video and share your thoughts.

Source: Google Plus - Project Glass

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Cool! Now people will be looking up instead of down! This should help with their posture!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I can see using it at home or at the park, but when walking down a busy sidewalk, driving or anything that requires movement, I don't see it easy to use without actually using it. I do think that Google wouldn't waste the time/money so I am sure it will be worth something...but ya...I dunno. I'd love to see one in person.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
For a minute i thought it was that old google goggles app you were talking about that has been around forever...anyone know what happened with it? like has it been improved at all? (i know its in the market still)
Sorry to be off topic but i always thought that the google goggles app was a cool idea (google search by just taking a picture of something)

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Cool concept, but doesn't seem too practical. Especially in New York, where everyone already has their head down looking at their phones and walking slower than a turtle.

On a second note, why do I never see these things being filmed?! I know every place they passed, and practically pass them everyday -_-

alboboy10

Reaction score
My friend who loves iOS said he'd consider android if it links to this lol so it must be something decent.

I personally think its way too much technology but some people might want it