A Humorous Video Take on the Reverse Potential of a Poorly Implemented Google Goggles

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;t3TAOYXT840]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=t3TAOYXT840[/video]​

Yesterday, we shared some pretty cool news with you regarding Google's cutting edge future product they are working on called, "Project Glass." This is the new name for the previously teased "Google Goggles," and the premise of this technology, if implemented properly, could be truly revolutionary and ground-breaking. However, even though the idea seems very cool, and could be the "next big thing" in mobile tech, it also could turn into an enormous flop if the design and functionality does not match the vision.

A gentleman named Tom Scott created a pretty hilarious parody video of the "Project Glass" concept, as seen from a very poor implementation of the product. The video is above, but be forewarned, the language is a bit PG-13, especially if you are from the UK. If you don't mind your humor a little bit risque, it's worth a morning laugh. He called it "Google Glasses: A new way to hurt yourself."

Source: TechCrunch

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Love the first "oops" in it, very funny!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Now imagine people driving with the glasses on.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It reminds me of something I saw in The Onion. It was a policy to cut your cell phone bill, by inserting ads into your phone conversation. For example, you'd call a friend and ask where they'd like to eat and you'd hear "Try Ray's BBQ on 7th Street." The detractors were complaining because if you called 911 and say "I just hit someone with my car" you'd hear "Toyota of Sunny Beach is having special deals today."