Future Vision of Corning's Gorilla Glass in Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;6Cf7IL_eZ38]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cf7IL_eZ38&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

This isn't directly Android related, but most of us use this product in our Androids, and the video was just too amazingly cool not to it share with you guys. In fact, this video is one of the most viewed corporate videos on youtube, with over 9 Million hits so far. What's particularly cool about this, is that although the video is really a commercial for future Gorilla Glass products, it is obvious that this could also be the future of the Android OS for multiple products and services. I'd be willing to bet that this is precisely the direction that Google intends to take Android. What do you guys think?

Source: PhoneArena

RockXP

Reaction score
Humanity will kill the human race before we ever get to that stage...im just saying

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I do remember seeing a stove similar to that in the clip. I dont think the controls were so advanced tho.

And do anyone remember seeing something from Microsoft called Surface? Looks very similar to whats in this clip.

The future is now..

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I don't think many of those concepts are too far off. Very cool though for sure!!

Sent from somewhere...

DroidCoug

Reaction score
Smart super awesome glass: Available to 1% of world population

Is it earthquake and tsunami proof? (too soon?)

Beardface

Reaction score
And do anyone remember seeing something from Microsoft called Surface

I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching that. Pretty neat video, and if you ask me, that technology probably isn't too far off. The interactive TV is inevitable with the onset of the tablet. The mirror, table tops, and fridge door will likely be available for the supremely rich by the middle of the decade and to everyone else by 2020. As for the window shades in the car, if they can get it right, I can see that being available on Mercedes by the middle of the decade and standard within 10 years after that. Same for the rest of the touch screens within the car. As for the office environment, most of it is already available, except for the integration with Microsoft Surface. Expect that to be the big craze within 5-10 years as big corporations start to 'modernize' after the recession truly goes away.

Fun to look at, but when you think about it, its really not that far forward thinking. Most of the technology is already out there, its just integrating them all together that will take time.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
1) Keep that messaging stuff off of my bathroom mirror!

2) Doesn't it seem like all the sci-fi movies we've seen over the past 20+ years seem to do a good job of predicting the future of technology?

R

RETG

1) Keep that messaging stuff off of my bathroom mirror!

2) Doesn't it seem like all the sci-fi movies we've seen over the past 20+ years seem to do a good job of predicting the future of technology?

Why? Big brother will want to monitor you in the bathroom too. dancedroid

RolandOG

Reaction score
Hope I live long enough to see it as a normal part of the real world. Really cool stuff.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Super COOL!!! I'd totally watch a movie that used all the futuristic technology in that video. It's more sci-fi than sci-fact right now but maybe when I'm in my 90's this will be the reality. First things first, some OS developer needs to make an OS that functions as flawlessly as the OS and apps in that video. The part that made me laugh is the scene in the bathroom where she types on the keyboard on the mirror and afterward there are no finger smudges... YEA RIGHT!! If they could invent touch screens that don't show finger prints and smudges that alone would be a major technological and engineering breakthrough but I highly doubt it will EVER happen. All in all it's a really cool video that lets the product do the talking for itself.