Google Goggles

lemodular

Reaction score
Just downloaded it and WOW it is very cool!!! scanned my smokes and instant found!
then coffee, then dr pepper, then remote!!!! LOL scanning everything now! lol
its very cool app...... thanks Google!!! they are getting to be the King!!!

LOL, now Google knows what you smoke, drink, what tv you own etc. It will be added to your file along with your surfing habit (browser), places you frequent (any thing with a map), what your search history is (browser, market), who you call (phone), what you talk about (txt, emails, etc.).

It's the perfect spy....you essentially spy on yourself.

That said, awesome app.

novacane

Reaction score
Weird thing just happened, I was using G-Goggles for the first time (used it for about 20 minutes), and then I hit the home button and my phone restarted, when it came back on I went to check for system updates and the android 2.0.1 update initiates. Downloading 2.0.1 now :D.

So was it google goggles or was it the update?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Weird thing just happened, I was using G-Goggles for the first time (used it for about 20 minutes), and then I hit the home button and my phone restarted, when it came back on I went to check for system updates and the android 2.0.1 update initiates. Downloading 2.0.1 now :D.

So was it google goggles or was it the update?

most likely just the update coming to ya :)

google goggles wouldn't have anything to do with the 2.0.1 update being pushed to your device.

AnnDroid

Reaction score
Practical use #1.

In our conference room we have a rare keyboard/mouse unit. The mouse has removable battery pack. One of the two battery packs was dying. During a recent meeting I pointed Goggles at the inside of the battery pack where the model number is located and up popped a web site with the battery pack. I forwarded the web site to tech support.

DarrellM5

Reaction score
This is too cool. I scanned a business card and it not only categorized the contact info, but it pulled up links to websites about the 2 corporations mentioned on the card. I'm impressed.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this app generally get's one of two reactions when i show it.... "What!?!" and "Are you serious!?"

radsaq

Reaction score
I'm impressed with how small a portion of an image you can photograph and still have it be recognized.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I didn't know about Goggles until I listened to TWiG this morning.
I immediately downloaded it.

Wow...cool. And slightly scary. :)
I want to work for Google.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Still trying to get it to match something.

I tried several things including my computer mouse which you would think it could match, but it never found a match (it returned a seashell for the mouse). I eventually uninstalled it.

n0cturne74

Reaction score
It didn't recognize my mouse as a whole, I think mice are too general. But it did recognize the Logitech logo on a closeup of it and produced Logitech's website in a search result. It's hit and miss it seems. I took a picture of my Samsung office phone one day and it brought up the exact make and model but the next day it failed to find anything when I did it again. This program and it's database are still in their infancy. Give it time and it will be more accurate on a broader scale.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I took a picture of one of my Cisco study guides and it brought it up. Of course, with all the text it had to go on, that's a pretty easy one.