Google Goggles

radsaq

Reaction score
The coolest part is its ability to recognize art and images. Try photographing any posters, paintings, or comics you have on your walls.

Jason

Reaction score
has anyone found a way to put in your own info in when the scanner can't catch it? like if i scan my wii controller and i don't get a result, i should be able to type in nintendo wii under google search and add it to the database.

I think if you press Enable History it will do that but I'm not sure

kastj

Reaction score
This is by far one of the best google apps out there.

Milehighjc

Reaction score
High on the WOW scale, but Im trying to figure out the practical use (beyond the previously cited use of scanning a business card - which is worth having it in itself)

jc

n0cturne74

Reaction score
This thing is pretty accurate... I took a pic of my office phone at my desk and it brought up the exact make/model. It found my company's website by taking a pic of the logo. It's been dead accurate on most things. I'm pretty sure it's going to recognize John Connor when it sees him.

sliceof

Reaction score
Took a screenshot of my desktop which is this
desktop.jpg

and it pointed me to this

Welcome to Flickr!
Which is the image I used to make the desktop.

Daywalker

Reaction score
That is unreal.......I am going to get nothing done rest of the day

zegolf

Reaction score
I have yet to get this work consistently. Nothing in the toy aisles (don't ask), nothing in the DVD section, in fact the only thing I've got it to find is a Yankee Candle and a Hello Kitty toaster.

I'm hoping that Google isn't lying when they say this app will improve over time. It would be neat if we could improve it ourselves, and if an item isn't found, we can add information about it.

D3C4F

Reaction score
Yeah I got this on Monday I think. It's pretty awesome but I haven't found many practical uses for it yet... It's still pretty fun to use though.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i got googles to finally recognize some products. still need to try the business card functionality. i can see that becoming a nice asset.