Google Buzz

lschicky

Reaction score
Apparently it launched today or over the last few days, has anyone else checked it out? Doesn't seem to have an application yet, not sure if it will be getting one. It's Buggy as all hell right now, but leaving me wondering if it has anything to do with android 2.1 rolling out this week.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
there is already a google buzz thread or twelve

Cnote187

Reaction score
Apparently it launched today or over the last few days, has anyone else checked it out? Doesn't seem to have an application yet, not sure if it will be getting one. It's Buggy as all hell right now, but leaving me wondering if it has anything to do with android 2.1 rolling out this week.

I doubt it. I don't think Google has anything to do with the droid 2.1 update. it's more of a Motorola verizon thing not google

Fox100

Reaction score
wouldnt it be a google thing since they wrote 2.1

OP
lschicky

lschicky

Reaction score
Didn't see the one in the thread on the Google maps application since it's only a minor add-on to Google Maps, or the lost dog one when I was looking before posting this. Can you point me in the direction of the other 10? (Before you complain about response post, your post was equally sarcastic.)

OP
lschicky

lschicky

Reaction score
I think the release probably goes from Google to Motorola and then to Verizon, and then Pushed out. I should bug the people I know who got nexus 1 and see if buzz has popped up on their phones at all.

I'm hoping that the 2.1 roll out will make buzz work better on my phone.

iPirate

Reaction score
I think the release probably goes from Google to Motorola and then to Verizon, and then Pushed out. I should bug the people I know who got nexus 1 and see if buzz has popped up on their phones at all.

I'm hoping that the 2.1 roll out will make buzz work better on my phone.
I would like an app, we aren't apple, we shouldnt have to deal with web apps. :mad:

Cowpoke

Reaction score
Didn't see the one in the thread on the Google maps application since it's only a minor add-on to Google Maps, or the lost dog one when I was looking before posting this. Can you point me in the direction of the other 10? (Before you complain about response post, your post was equally sarcastic.)

I created one because there wasn't any stand alone dedicated threads about it and it got locked because there is apparently a thread on a somewhat hidden "off topic" board.

OP
lschicky

lschicky

Reaction score
I would like an app, we aren't apple, we shouldnt have to deal with web apps. :mad:

Yeah, that's what I am hoping will be in 2.1 or is only a temporary thing. I made my own faux-app by creating a bookmark for it. But I still feel slightly cheated.

BavarianBuilt

Reaction score
I was messing around with Buzz in Google Maps on my Droid tonight and it seems pretty cool. Something I'll probably never use though.

OP
lschicky

lschicky

Reaction score

I created one because there wasn't any stand alone dedicated threads about it and it got locked because there is apparently a thread on a somewhat hidden "off topic" board.

yeah I had to go hunt for that, I think I have still only found a total of maybe 4 threads on the topic. (yours, the lost dog one, the maps one, and the one in the off-topic section.)

I do think it's as relevant as talking about anything else that we do with our Droids, (Maps, Handcent, twitter, IM etc.) I was hoping to find out what other problems people have been having with it. It's extremely laggy for me as a website. I am not sure if that is just me or something Droid specific. The google map layer hardly covers everything that they offer through the site.

Moondonkey

Reaction score
Part of Buzz is integrated into the maps 4.0 that came out today. You can see Buzz's around you in a layer. It's pretty cool, saw a bunch of them popping up today at school.

Cowpoke

Reaction score
I think it could be cool if there was a way for Google to verify public officials Buzzes, and display them in another color. So if there is a wreck, road closed, hazard area, etc etc they could buzz it and that alert color buzz would pop up on the map.

Or it would be cool for the color to change with the number of replies to a buzz. A really popular or important buzz should have a way to stand out among 200 "I am ready for a nap!" buzzs.

OP
lschicky

lschicky

Reaction score
I think it could be cool if there was a way for Google to verify public officials Buzzes, and display them in another color. So if there is a wreck, road closed, hazard area, etc etc they could buzz it and that alert color buzz would pop up on the map.

Or it would be cool for the color to change with the number of replies to a buzz. A really popular or important buzz should have a way to stand out among 200 "I am ready for a nap!" buzzs.

Yeah that would be nice. Though so far, people are posting semi-useful stuff (mainly food related) or going "Buzz" which I'm guessing will go away as people figure it out, and we get better integration with Gmail hopefully this week.

Is anyone else having problems with mis-clicking on things on the website?

iPirate

Reaction score
This Friday at noon buzz "DROID"

I'm curious how many droids are out there.