Lost Dog, Buzz found the owner.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I found a stray dog, who looks alot like mine (chiwawa and terrier mix).
jjtc78.jpg
^pic of the stray^

Walked around the neighborhood looking for owner for 2 days, no luck. Took to vet, checked for chip..........:mad:no chip. Posted pictures around the neighborhood.....still no luck. Trying to keep from having to take her to the pound so I've had her for about a week.
Tried out Buzz today after the map update. Didn't know what it was, nor did Ihink I would use it. I notice there were a good amount a buzzes in my area, which popped up an idea. How about posting the lost dog on buzz? Was a long shot but couldn't hurt. Within one hour....bam! A lady about 2 miles from my house claimed the dog. Sure enough when I met with her the dog knew her instantly. Buzz came through, when nothing else worked. :icon_ banana:

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
That's just cool. Buzz will be something to watch for in the coming months. Perhaps the next big thing.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Nice....Great Thinking.

brock

Reaction score
edit: nevermind, im an idiot, lol

Last edited:

ska8r411

Reaction score
Are you sure it was really hers? Maybe she was looking thru buzz and found a dog she wanted.... just saying I hope it was hers

NaterGator

Reaction score
You need to submit this story to Google. Probably could get it on some blogs (mashable maybe?) too if you can get a happy pic of you, the dog, the owner, and some cellphones.

Just a thought ;)

cuskit

Reaction score
Are you sure it was really hers? Maybe she was looking thru buzz and found a dog she wanted.... just saying I hope it was hers
Yes - you buzz that you found a dog, but no description - only the real owner would be able to describe it. Many dogs will run and jump onto a stranger just as much as an owner. I've got one of those! :) mike

shugknight

Reaction score
Stupid question, but how do work Buzz? Went to Maps, saw the notification for Buzz, but couldn't figure out how to use it.

OP
HolyGrail

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm sure. She (Foxy is her name, but didn't know it yet) wouldn't come to any one, but as soon as I drove up and Foxy saw the owner she behave the exact same way my dog acts when they know you. Foxy ran from my car straight up to her. You can tell when a dog has a bond to someone. You cant fake that.

Reaction score
Great story. This should definitely be a commercial for Google. Please call them and let them know. It will be on the ranks of the "How To Impress A French Girl"...

:) Just remember I gave you the idea. :p

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm sure. She (Foxy is her name, but didn't know it yet) wouldn't come to any one, but as soon as I drove up and Foxy saw the owner she behave the exact same way my dog acts when they know you. Foxy ran from my car straight up to her. You can tell when a dog has a bond to someone. You cant fake that.

Very glad it all worked out for the three of you! That's a really great story and I agree, Google should know about it.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stupid question, but how do work Buzz? Went to Maps, saw the notification for Buzz, but couldn't figure out how to use it.

If you have that map layer on there is a colorful icon in the corner of the map. click it to post your own Buzz.