Google Buzz!

Chillson

Reaction score
I don't like this. How do you change the profile.

I have been messing with it for a while and can't figure out where that option is. I still don't have it in my gmail, so I am only able to access it through Google Maps on my phone.

Go to settings and privacy. Uncheck use my location. They can still see where you are but they don't have your name. Just your picture.

But what if somebody wanted to follow you or whatever?

nkcavs23

Reaction score
wouldnt unchecking your location just make it so that your location doesnt appear when you 'buzz' your name would still show up id think

nkcavs23

Reaction score
im pretty excited for it. i see great potential with it. maybe if they allow us to theme/skin it for the web we can see it explode.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't know about you guys, but the only way I seem to be able to access it is through maps. And then I don't see anything but my own comments. If/when it shows up in gmail I guess it will be cool. But right now it's kind of like Wave. ROFLOL.

kamileon

Reaction score
Have you tried to the webpage on your phone, buzz.google.com, its a little more in depth and more options

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
follow me.....kcj2385 at gmail dot com
^Can't find you

I don't have it on my phone yet, but I will. I'm hookbill at gmail.
^Think I found you if your pic is the same here as it is on buzz. (Mine is)

Update gmaps and it is a new layer. Add me. johnwseargeant @ gmail
add me: clayton.workman <at> gmail.com
^Can't find any of you folks...

Have you gone to buzz.google.com from your phone's browser? I believe you have to setup your profile (Really just verify info) before you'll be able to be found by others...

JonJohnson03 AT gmail DOT com

Last edited:

actrack03

Reaction score
I'm in Hartford, CT and I can see a ton of other peoples Buzz's. Every Ten minutes it seems like more bubbles pop up. If you can't see any bubbles, try zooming out on the map so you can see a bigger area or pan till you hit NY, there are plenty of bubbles around Manhattan.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm in Hartford, CT and I can see a ton of other peoples Buzz's. Every Ten minutes it seems like more bubbles pop up. If you can't see any bubbles, try zooming out on the map so you can see a bigger area or pan till you hit NY, there are plenty of bubbles around Manhattan.

Haha! That's right...Funny to look at the big cities. I'm one of four people to have buzzed in Michigan's Upper Peninsula so far...

EDIT: If you select to hide your location, and someone zooms out far enough, your buzz shows up. however, when they zoom in, it disappears. Glad to know this. I posted my first buzz as hidden and the first bubble I clicked in the map was mine, but I was zoomed way out.

TekHawk

Reaction score
you might not have the option yet but i think it was said on the main page there are Public and Privite buzzes so just use the privite option that might not be turned on yet or only able to be turned on once you get into the gmail settings screen

TekHawk

Reaction score
Share publicly or privately
Publish your ideas to the world or just to your closest friends.

off buzz.google.com so you can all stop freaking out about the name thing its just not something you have access to yet most likely, my guess would be that it might be to help people get to test it out with the current small user base to help get more people excited about it.

gentlefury

Reaction score
seems like it is up but not up...if you comment on a buzz on maps and someone comments back you will get an email which leads to a link that you can click on your name and set up your profile before it is in your gmail.

Richard Servello - Google Profile is mine.