Google Buzz!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried adding everyone who gave an email address. It couldn't find any of you! ROFLOL.

bmchan

Reaction score
So - I updated Google Maps. Then I went to layers and Buzz was there. I opened it, turned on the GPS and got "My Location" active and accurate in Google Maps . Then I opened the Buzz icon on the lower right of the map, and posted a random comment about a local restaurant. Within minutes, someone (a complete strange not in my contacts) replied to my Buzz comment. I'm trying to get my brain around how they found my comment. I noticed that comments appear as Buzz bubbles on the map and when you click them the open the Buzz thread. Cool. Not relevant to me yet but cool.

There is no notification when someone replies to my Buzz comment. I have to go back and check the thread through Google maps.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
My boss and I both have Android phones and we were messing around with it. She noticed that it shows my full name after posting something. Since we are not contacts in eachother's gmail, this means that complete strangers can see my exact location and full name...

Last edited:

bmchan

Reaction score
My boss and I both have Android phones and we were messing around with it. She noticed that it shows my full name after posting something. Since we are not contacts in eachother's gmail, this means that complete strangers can see my exact location and full name...

Agreed - good time to change your profile.

nkcavs23

Reaction score
buzz just came out to the public today, i tried it out. its kinda cool. its like gowalla facebook and twitter all in one.

gentlefury

Reaction score
So - I updated Google Maps. Then I went to layers and Buzz was there. I opened it, turned on the GPS and got "My Location" active and accurate in Google Maps . Then I opened the Buzz icon on the lower right of the map, and posted a random comment about a local restaurant. Within minutes, someone (a complete strange not in my contacts) replied to my Buzz comment. I'm trying to get my brain around how they found my comment. I noticed that comments appear as Buzz bubbles on the map and when you click them the open the Buzz thread. Cool. Not relevant to me yet but cool.

There is no notification when someone replies to my Buzz comment. I have to go back and check the thread through Google maps.

Its not like facebook where only friends can see you...it is location aware...so anyone can see your buzz on the map and comment.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
how is this different than, say, Foursquare?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I don't like this. How do you change the profile.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

I have been messing with it for a while and can't figure out where that option is. I still don't have it in my gmail, so I am only able to access it through Google Maps on my phone.

Chillson

Reaction score

I have been messing with it for a while and can't figure out where that option is. I still don't have it in my gmail, so I am only able to access it through Google Maps on my phone.

So far all you can change is your name for when you send emails and for when you use Gtalk.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

shoot well my Gmail address is my full name I guess I am kinda SOL aren't I

-=Jason=-

nkcavs23

Reaction score
it just came out like two hours ago people. calm down. google is rolling it out little by little.

time will tell if this is the next big thing or just another 'wave'

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go to settings and privacy. Uncheck use my location. They can still see where you are but they don't have your name. Just your picture.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
it just came out like two hours ago people. calm down. google is rolling it out little by little.

time will tell if this is the next big thing or just another 'wave'

Who in this thread has acted even remotely worked up? We are discussing, that's it.