Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Google has released the Google Buzz widget for Android, which will make updating your status or tagging your location easier.

GoogleGoogle first launched Google Buzz for mobile about six weeks ago, and while the overall Buzz platform has undergone some changes and refinements, the mobile aspect of the service hasn’t really changed — until now.
One of my favorite AndroidAndroid features is that certain programs will let you use home screen widgets for easy access. This is most useful in a search or a social context — which is why having a widget for Google BuzzGoogle Buzz makes total sense.
The widget is only available in English right now, and it requires at least Android 1.6. Search “Google Buzz” in the Android MarketAndroid Market to download the app. Once it’s downloaded, it can be added to your home screen the same way you add any other widget — click on your home screen menu, click on “add” select “widgets” and then select the option for Google Buzz.

buzz-widget-android-lg.jpg
When you use the widget, you can choose to either add a photo or series of photos or to declare your location and make your update public or private. Android users — does a Google Buzz widget make you more likely to use Buzz? Let us know!

Print Story
Tags: android, buzz widget, google buzz
User reviews: Android, Android Market, Google, Google Buzz

http://mashable.com/2010/03/18/android-buzz-widget/

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Looks good. I like the idea but I seem to see a problem: no one I know uses Buzz or has any interest in it.

TheDJ

Reaction score
Yeah I was not a fan of how they rolled out Buzz, and not interested, would be better if more people used it.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Google has released the Google Buzz widget for Android, which will make updating your status or tagging your location easier.

GoogleGoogle first launched Google Buzz for mobile about six weeks ago, and while the overall Buzz platform has undergone some changes and refinements, the mobile aspect of the service hasn’t really changed — until now.
One of my favorite AndroidAndroid features is that certain programs will let you use home screen widgets for easy access. This is most useful in a search or a social context — which is why having a widget for Google BuzzGoogle Buzz makes total sense.
The widget is only available in English right now, and it requires at least Android 1.6. Search “Google Buzz” in the Android MarketAndroid Market to download the app. Once it’s downloaded, it can be added to your home screen the same way you add any other widget — click on your home screen menu, click on “add” select “widgets” and then select the option for Google Buzz.

buzz-widget-android-lg.jpg
When you use the widget, you can choose to either add a photo or series of photos or to declare your location and make your update public or private. Android users — does a Google Buzz widget make you more likely to use Buzz? Let us know!

Print Story
Tags: android, buzz widget, google buzz
User reviews: Android, Android Market, Google, Google Buzz

http://mashable.com/2010/03/18/android-buzz-widget/

Unlike the others i am interested in this widget and will start using it after work :) thanks shadez!

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Unlike the others i am interested in this widget and will start using it after work :) thanks shadez!
I'm interested in the widget. I like the way buzz would work. My problem is buzz doesn't work because nobody uses it. Very little point keeping up with buzz for 3 people when everyone I know is on FB instead.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
I'm interested in the widget. I like the way buzz would work. My problem is buzz doesn't work because nobody uses it. Very little point keeping up with buzz for 3 people when everyone I know is on FB instead.

True, but you can always meet new people to be your friends :) if you have it on your phone maybe others will want it too, u think facebook sprang outta no where? lol someone had it told a friend and voila it was big, if it fails it fails but at least we tried :)

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I've already tried. Links/updates and such to everyone on FB/Twitter. No one wants it. Probably because it doesn't do anything that already isn't covered by Facebook, Myspace and Twitter.

Sprank1

Reaction score
OK --- probably a stupid question here, but ....

What exactly is "Buzz"?

Who can see it, who uses it, what's it do ?

I love trying out new things, but this one has me a little confused.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
OK --- probably a stupid question here, but ....

What exactly is "Buzz"?

Who can see it, who uses it, what's it do ?

I love trying out new things, but this one has me a little confused.

As stated above buzz is pretty much just a way to find other "buzz" people around you like people using the program, anyone with gmail can use buzz and its just used for like status updates and sharing things, just like facebook, myspace, and twitter but its alot easier on the phone with buzz in my opinion :)