Google Buzz!

kiel3

Reaction score
More ways to hear about the sandwiches people are eating.

engler730 at gmail dot com

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm in Hartford, CT and I can see a ton of other peoples Buzz's. Every Ten minutes it seems like more bubbles pop up. If you can't see any bubbles, try zooming out on the map so you can see a bigger area or pan till you hit NY, there are plenty of bubbles around Manhattan.

Ha. Bristol here. They are popping up all over here too. Another thread asked "how long do they stay for?". If for long I don't think I'd want to wade through them all in NYC.

gentlefury

Reaction score
seems like it is up but not up...if you comment on a buzz on maps and someone comments back you will get an email which leads to a link that you can click on your name and set up your profile before it is in your gmail.

Richard Servello - Google Profile is mine.

how did you get the RSS feed on it?

Just use google reader and click share. Works with any RSS Feed...if you go into the reader settings you can just drag the subscribe script to your bookmarks and click it to start feeding.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Clearly in the video when it does arrive on your email buzz is right under the inbox. Then you can set it up I imagine so you can not only chat on google but tweet on twitter as well.

Murz

Reaction score
Buzz bubbles popping up all over the place in Orange County, CA. There must be 25 alone in Santa Ana (where I work). Prob another 5-10 every 5mins.

Last edited:

mikespe

Reaction score
I have it in my Gmail then I saw it posted here and in Google Maps on my Droid. I thought "cool! a new toy to play with!" so I posted from my phone not knowing my FULL ADDRESS would show up. That freaked me out so I deleted my post from Gmail on my computer. I think that is a BIG fubar on Google's part and hopefully will be rectified soon. I think they should just post cities then maybe north south east west...or something a bit more general.

I will admit though, I have had Wave for some time and between that & Facebook I can't see where Buzz will fit...Wave died REAL FAST in my life...Facebook is the only one that is consistent.

gentlefury

Reaction score
I have it in my Gmail then I saw it posted here and in Google Maps on my Droid. I thought "cool! a new toy to play with!" so I posted from my phone not knowing my FULL ADDRESS would show up. That freaked me out so I deleted my post from Gmail on my computer. I think that is a BIG fubar on Google's part and hopefully will be rectified soon. I think they should just post cities then maybe north south east west...or something a bit more general.

I will admit though, I have had Wave for some time and between that & Facebook I can't see where Buzz will fit...Wave died REAL FAST in my life...Facebook is the only one that is consistent.

That is your choice....when you go to post in GMaps instead of current location choose not to show that info.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm interested in seeing how this works with twitter. Wave I still don't know what that's about but I see potential with buzz.

Facebook? I got to close that thing I never use it.

gentlefury

Reaction score
If you make a desktop shortcut to the web app it has the buzz icon...so thats a good start :)

mikespe

Reaction score

That is your choice....when you go to post in GMaps instead of current location choose not to show that info.

How do you choose?