Goodbye DROID3 it was fun.

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nope... if you have a dummy line with a shared plan you just share the talk minutes with the other line... but just like any other phone it gets an upgrade every 24 months. When you're ready for a new phone you transfer the "extra" line upgrade to your primary line... it locks the extra line into another 2 years but in my case... with my plan I only pay $10 a month to share the voice minutes... plus with everything I do to every phone I have... there's no telling when I may need that other phone just to talk! Lol... btw its a non-smartphone... smart phones would require adding data to the spare line which really wouldn't be worth it! But if you stagger your upgrades you can get a new primary phone every 12 months...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yep that is what I have. My line and my wife's are unlimited data, the third line is $9.99/mo and that's it. There is a dumbphone on it and honestly for that price its nice to have a spare lying around in case one of ours breaks. And yes I use it to upgrade twice in a 24 month period if I want.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
dodgerblue

dodgerblue

Reaction score
So the way I've been able to work out an upgrade about every 5-6 months the last two years is...I have a family plan. Mine, my wife's line, my daughters line, my moms line, and my little brothers line. My wife doesn't care for the latest/greatest phone. My daughter has a phone for talk/text only (basic). I refuse to upgrade for my brother and my mom has a phone for talk/text. I usually take ALL the upgrades. I pass on my last phone to my wife (she currently has my DROID3) and her old phone is for me to mess around with.
I would eventually like to build my own ROMS and Themes....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums