Goodbye DROID3 it was fun.

dodgerblue

Reaction score
So I made the jump...I loved my Droid3...but The Galaxy Nexus has been calling my name. Thanks for all the fun on this forum.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Im making the smae jump lol..I had the nexus for about 3 days but ended up returning it due to signal loss. But now I hear it improved so I might just check it out again.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol you guys are crazy!

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

Reaction score
Unless their VZW service just jumped to LTE this kinda makes no sense but w/e. I know guys who will pay $600 every 6 months to have the latest/greatest phone. And if you already lived in a LTE zone why in hell would you have got a D3? Either way good luck, the Nexus is a beast but I would personally not want one due to no SD card slot among other things.

OP
dodgerblue

dodgerblue

Reaction score
Unless their VZW service just jumped to LTE this kinda makes no sense but w/e. I know guys who will pay $600 every 6 months to have the latest/greatest phone. And if you already lived in a LTE zone why in hell would you have got a D3? Either way good luck, the Nexus is a beast but I would personally not want one due to no SD card slot among other things.

I live and work in a pretty well covered LTE area. I also had four available upgrades on my plan about 5 months ago. I used one then to upgrade to the DROID3. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed that phone. Costcto had a smoking deal on the Galaxy Nexus with a HUGE bundle package, including an extended battery and cover. So I used another upgrade (I have 2 left). I paid a lot less than I would have if I would have gone to a VZW store with the same package. I am not in any way hating on the D3.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
Geez 4 upgrades? Guessing you have a big family plan and the kids aren't allowed smartphones then? Either way that rocks, I just got a screaming good package deal on the D3s we are getting this week, free phone/cardock/deskdock/activation etc... Not sure if you travel ever, but if you do I'd keep the D3 to use internationally as it is one of only 2 phones on VZW that currently can do it. And yeah after these last upgrades that I just did, I will NEVER go through a Vzw store again unless they have some sort of crazy deal going that can match Amazon/Newegg/Costco/BestBuy. Do enjoy that Nexus, I can say from experience that the Super AMOLED screens are just effing amazing especially for movie watching, only thing I hate about ALL the non-Motorola manufacturers is that they can't seem to get it through their heads that many people like to use cases and don't make any provisions for using their OEM docks with said cases like Motorola does.

ricpdjrr

Reaction score
Geez 4 upgrades? Guessing you have a big family plan and the kids aren't allowed smartphones then? Either way that rocks, I just got a screaming good package deal on the D3s we are getting this week, free phone/cardock/deskdock/activation etc... Not sure if you travel ever, but if you do I'd keep the D3 to use internationally as it is one of only 2 phones on VZW that currently can do it. And yeah after these last upgrades that I just did, I will NEVER go through a Vzw store again unless they have some sort of crazy deal going that can match Amazon/Newegg/Costco/BestBuy. Do enjoy that Nexus, I can say from experience that the Super AMOLED screens are just effing amazing especially for movie watching, only thing I hate about ALL the non-Motorola manufacturers is that they can't seem to get it through their heads that many people like to use cases and don't make any provisions for using their OEM docks with said cases like Motorola does.

Wow... that's a great deal on the. D-3. Who is offering that?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would have thought a D3 owner would jump to a D4? I'm considering the D4 over my current Bionic, as i've heard the D4's keyboard is top notch.

Reaction score
Wow... that's a great deal on the. D-3. Who is offering that?

Newegg is, the free activation ended on the 16th and was only a 4 day promotion though. Still the best deal I've ever seen on a smartphone hence me getting two and burning my ghost line upgrade on the one. My mainline is coming due in August but I probably will not use it until LTE deploys where I live or work.

Newegg consistently has the best deals on cell phones as far as I've seen, their online ordering is not very intuitive but 20 minutes on the phone with a rep gets the job done provided you get someone you can actually understand... They also have the Bionic right now for $50 on upgrade or $20 for a new line/acct.

Last edited:

ricpdjrr

Reaction score
Newegg is, the free activation ended on the 16th and was only a 4 day promotion though. Still the best deal I've ever seen on a smartphone hence me getting two and burning my ghost line upgrade on the one. My mainline is coming due in August but I probably will not use it until LTE deploys where I live or work.

Could you please explain what a ghost line is and how it is used??

iGrizz

Reaction score
Could you please explain what a ghost line is and how it is used??

I know some people have an extra line or ghost line on their account which will accumulate a two year upgrade which they can then use on their primary line along with the ghost lines upgrade to get new phones.

Sent from a Galaxy Nexus far far away...

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Me! Lol... I figured I'd keep my ex's line active with a cheap phone for an annual upgrade. I have another upgrade coming up.... I think I'll hang on to it until I see how Ubuntu for Android pans out.... btw to me the Galaxy Nexus is really the best phone I've ever had! I will say moto's radios are a tad better(of coarse) but it is a great phone!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ricpdjrr

Reaction score
I know some people have an extra line or ghost line on their account which will accumulate a two year upgrade which they can then use on their primary line along with the ghost lines upgrade to get new phones.

Sent from a Galaxy Nexus far far away...

That is what I assumed it was however I am not sure how the dollars and cents work?? I believe a extra line only cost $10.00 per month that's not bad but if I wanted to get a smart phone on that line don't they make you buy a data plan as well???

ricpdjrr

Reaction score
Ok.... Disregard that question... I just called Verizon to get the info and becouse I only have a single 400 minute plan with unlimited data a ghost line would be too expensive for me and the new line would not get unlimited data. I can see how it would work if you had a existing family plan with unlimited data on both lines...