Good-bye, Moto

mekanism

Reaction score
Haha, its cool, you can take a mulligan on that one!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jeremym

Reaction score
I went from the bionic to the nexus and I am very happy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

IDroid4s

Reaction score
I went from the bionic to razr . Then nexus and I'll never get another moto phone again! (Well at least for now lol)

And by the time the current moto LTE phones get ICS my nexus will be getting 5.0 jelly bean!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
based on my bionic experience, i already knew current moto LTE phones won't get a (properly functioning) ICS update within the next milennium.

based on my bionic experience, i already knew current moto LTE phones won't get a (properly functioning) ICS update within the next milennium.
huang3.jpg

huang2.jpg

huang4.jpg

you copied my post, word for word? now that's just weird....;)

OP
Tillmorn

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. Now to coerce my father into believing that he would rather have my slightly used Bionic for free while I pay $299 for the Nexus. Good thing I got my tax returns in.

PhilD

Reaction score
i bought a Bionic on release day, 9/8. i like the form factor of that phone but the software sucks - i had 4g connectivity issues and frequent BSODs. i tried the leaked software builds last fall without success. i bought the GNex on release day, 12/15. it has been perfect. Moto recently updated the software on the Bionic to the point where it actually works now (5 months after release). the radio is really good but not good enough to make me want to use it over my GNex. as much as i like Moto hardware, i won't be buying another one unless it is AOSP.

OP
Tillmorn

Tillmorn

Reaction score
I bought mine on release day as well. Not necessarily by choice though, as my old Eris had come into a problem 2 weeks earlier with its screen not always being receptive to input. However, I never had any major problems with the Bionic after launch week. Personally, I feel that the device was more or less pushed out for the hell of it by Moto and they've all since forgotten it (besides the occasional update release) after their Razr line hit shelves. Until last week, I actually stuck to my guns about the Bionic. Loved the build quality of the device, the call quality, even the screen due to outdoor performance. After Moto's ICS update statement was made though, and playing with a Galaxy Nexus (and realizing it's not as flimsy build-wise as I had feared), it's time to get off the OEM skin train. Because let's face it, while Moto does a lot of things right...waiting until roughly Q3 for an official ICS release is not fun.

soulshot96

Reaction score
Nexus is awesome. Skins are crap. AOSP forever. (Get the nexus)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

codye91

Reaction score
I'm just going to answer a couple questions. I love ICS. It's the most fluent operating system I've ever seen. It runs very well on the phone since it was pretty much optimized for the nexus. The hardware in the phone is top notch. I'm still waiting for the 4.0.4 OTA update though because I haven't rooted it yet. Hopefully, I'll be able to get that soon. About the durability though. I don't know how much I can really talk since I have an otterbox defender on mine. The rumors there are true too, the extended battery fits nice a snug with the regular otterbox case. One thing I like about it... The otterbox cases for this phone don't add very much more width unlike some other phones. Even with the defender, I can still comfortably carry it in my front pocket, but with saying that, I also must say I'm a pretty big guy so I have pretty big pockets. Lol. The screen may not be gorilla glass, but just from the actual feel of it, you can still tell it's no piece of cake, it would take some work to hurt that screen. I'm the kind of person though that always uses a screen protector no matter what. If you are still reading, it's a great phone. Don't worry, you will love it! DancingNexus

mikespe

Reaction score
Looks like everyone is jumping the Moto Ship! I just won a Nexus from eBay about an hour ago...I loved the Bionic but the lack of support from moto & the locked bootloader are enough for me. I was a loyal OG Droid owner & to this date still think it was the BEST phone ever made (for it's time of course)...it's longevity was just amazing & ahead of it's time. developer support was through the roof, and it was back when Moto believed in an open system. Moto better get their act together or they will keep losing sales!

Chris1980

Reaction score
I was a loyal OG DROID owner who wanted to stay with Moto but with their unwillingness to be more supportive to the Dev communityI jumped shop for the Nexus

Chukee

Reaction score
Looks like everyone is jumping the Moto Ship! I just won a Nexus from eBay about an hour ago...I loved the Bionic but the lack of support from moto & the locked bootloader are enough for me. I was a loyal OG Droid owner & to this date still think it was the BEST phone ever made (for it's time of course)...it's longevity was just amazing & ahead of it's time. developer support was through the roof, and it was back when Moto believed in an open system. Moto better get their act together or they will keep losing sales!

Nope...not everybody is jumping the moto ship. I chose the razr maxx over the nexus. Ics? I can wait. Having to not charge my phone throughout the day or with out buying a brick battery or turning off features or rooting just to get through the day was to important for me. Don't really care bout a locked bootloader. Don't plan on rooting anyways. This phone just works. All day long.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I can tell you from experience, the Nexus is holding up a lot better than my OG Droids have. I like to say I treat my Nexus the way I treat my girlfriend, but that wouldn't be the truth lol. I've dropped all my phones MANY times on the hard floor here as well as on the pavement. If this Nexus was one of my OG Droids, by now it would have been scuffed, scratched, with a possible cracked screen. But there isn't a scuff or scratch to speak of. The phone has a nifty way of seeming to land on it's back and not the screen when dropped. Hell, the thing has even landed screen side down before on the pavement outside. A feat which totally cracked the gorilla glass on one of my Droids. I wouldn't scoff at the build quality at all...

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I can tell you from experience, the Nexus is holding up a lot better than my OG Droids have. I like to say I treat my Nexus the way I treat my girlfriend, but that wouldn't be the truth lol. I've dropped all my phones MANY times on the hard floor here as well as on the pavement. If this Nexus was one of my OG Droids, by now it would have been scuffed, scratched, with a possible cracked screen. But there isn't a scuff or scratch to speak of. The phone has a nifty way of seeming to land on it's back and not the screen when dropped. Hell, the thing has even landed screen side down before on the pavement outside. A feat which totally cracked the gorilla glass on one of my Droids. I wouldn't scoff at the build quality at all...

Yea, all of these "build quality" comments about Moto crack me up. Drop all of these phones 10 times each and see what happens. It's metal so it feels more solid so the screen wont shatter. Right! :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
I won't. Samsung is way to slow with updates and plus their devices are not so perfect either "droid charge"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums