Dummy here, sick of waiting and needs help to install ICS leak on rooted Bionic.

mpridmore

Reaction score
My Bionic is rooted with .905 installed, but no custom ROMs. I rooted just to get rid of all the crapware. I've been the victim of Motorola's unfulfilled promises before, and I'm sick of waiting. I can't seem to find the detailed instructions about how to revert to stock Bionic, then upgrade to ICS leak. All I remember is seeing posts that are way over my head about "FXZ back to such-and-such" then upgrade to so-and-so, then....

I'm in need of easy, detailed instructions to upgrade/install the current ICS leak--the one I've seen people describe as a "damn near perfect" version of ICS. I'd appreciate any help folks can give, including links and step-by-step instructions. I'm forever grateful.

detroitslayer

Reaction score
Best leak I got was .232. Very solid. You need to be on a stock system though. You'll need to download rsd lite and roll your system back to 905 cause the 232 requires an unrooted phone. If you can unroot without having to use rsd then do it. Get the 232 leak and put it on your sdcard then shut your phone off and boot into stock recovery. Wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, system format and install the 232 from zip. You can find all these files and very detailed instructions on this site, I used obsidian's thread for everything. If you Google how to go back to 905 and how to get 232 on your phone you'll find alot of info on everything. That's how I started and its really not hard, 232 was my first flash and its no biggie I was a dummy at this stuff too. Now I have safe strap with the 232 leak on my unsafe side and am running JMods liquidblur v1.1r2 on my safe side. I became a flash aholic after I figured out its easier than it sounds.

Droid 51

Reaction score
Ota root keeper will save your root on the phone I used it myself when I went from 905 to 232 but if you need better instructions just go to YouTube and do a search that's what I did and it walked me right through the ota root keeper app and then flashing the ice leak 232

OP
M

mpridmore

Reaction score
Thanks for the help....one additional question

Thanks for all the guidance, folks! I'm back to .905 stock, unrooted. Will installing the ICS .232 leak root my phone? Or do I need to root it after installing the ICS leak? If not, how do I root after installing the ICS leak?

diablo81588

Reaction score
Thanks for all the guidance, folks! I'm back to .905 stock, unrooted. Will installing the ICS .232 leak root my phone? Or do I need to root it after installing the ICS leak? If not, how do I root after installing the ICS leak?

It will not root your phone. You can use house of bionic to root the phone after the install. Make sure you set the USB charging mode to MPT and have debugging enabled after installing ICS.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

mpridmore

Reaction score
It will not root your phone. You can use house of bionic to root the phone after the install. Make sure you set the USB charging mode to MPT and have debugging enabled after installing ICS.

MTP? What's MTP? I don't see that in the list of USB choices--just PC Mode, Windows Media Sync, Mass Storage, and Charge Only.

diablo81588

Reaction score
MTP? What's MTP? I don't see that in the list of USB choices--just PC Mode, Windows Media Sync, Mass Storage, and Charge Only.

When you upgrade to ICS the charge options will change.

deduct

Reaction score
After you are on 232 you can download razrsedge root method to your computer to root your bionic. Only takes about 5 minutes. Are you on 232 yet? Need any help send me a pm.

Droid 51

Reaction score
mpridmore said:

U can root 905 use ota root keeper install 232 use ota again and u will atom b rooted

OP
M

mpridmore

Reaction score
Droid 51 said:
U can root 905 use ota root keeper install 232 use ota again and u will atom b rooted

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Thanks again everyone! I decided to try the simplest method first, which for me was to use ota rootkeeper, and it worked like a charm! The folks on this forum are so responsive and willing to help. I hope to return the favor someday.

deduct

Reaction score
mpridmore said:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Thanks again everyone! I decided to try the simplest method first, which for me was to use ota rootkeeper, and it worked like a charm! The folks on this forum are so responsive and willing to help. I hope to return the favor someday.

Good job. Glad to hear of your success.