905 upgrade to ICS Installation - Directions Needed

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Hacks' started by corymk, Jul 24, 2012.

1. corymk

corymk New Member

I am simply wanting to upgrade my .905 to the ICS 6.7.230 that I have downloaded. I am fairly familiar with the process but not the exact steps. I have gone back to .902 using RSD Lite 5.7 and started fresh with a clean ROM. I then did the OTA upgrade to .905 and things are working well. I then rooted it so I can use Bionic Bootstrap to make a backup of it.

I am at this point now. Now I have this update that all the other forums have mentioned just go into your Clockworkmod and install the Zip as downloaded and it will upgrade you. I cannot get it to install the Zip file though. I don't know if (a) I don't have the correct file (b) I am supposed to wipe the data and cache first OR (c) what other steps need to be taken to install this properly.

I would like some simple advice because all of the forums are different versions and there is no easy answer I have found out with the last 4 hours of testing without any hope of getting ICS on it so far. I am currently running the .905 that I restored from the backup I created and it runs but I want to test ICS. Any words of wisdom from my fellow Droid family?
  2. sqleon

sqleon New Member

Go into the stock Bionic Recovery menu and install the zip from there. Also, you should install the 6.7.2232 or 2233 leak instead.
  3. corymk

corymk New Member

Thanks for the tip of using the stock recovery instead of clockworkmod. Also, you have a reliable download for either one of them leaks?

I tried the stock recovery install and it doesn't like the signature verification. It was aborted. I guess I need to find a different source for this installation then.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  4. corymk

corymk New Member

I got it all figured out. I realized the Zip and CRC file were inside the Zip that I was trying to use. I went through and used RSD Lite 5.7 and installed 902. I skipped the setup and installed the update to 905 as provided. I then skipped that setup. I rebooted and installed 6.7.232 and now it is working quite well actually.

I used the instructions I found here [Guide] Bionic Files to ICS 6.7.230 - Droid Bionic - RootzWiki but used the 6.7.232 instead of the 6.7.230 that they provide in the download there.
Search tags for this page

how do i install ics on my droid bionic

how get 905 droid bionic 2