Stock .905, to root or not to root? Advice anyone?

BJLDroid

Reaction score
Thinking of rooting, but I read on one thread in the forum that said you don't need to root to install the ICS leak. Is this true? Which leak is the most reliable, I use my bionic as my primary phone. Should I wait for the OTA in Q4? Thanks for any help!

eye_dea

Reaction score
BJLDroid said:
Thinking of rooting, but I read on one thread in the forum that said you don't need to root to install the ICS leak. Is this true? Which leak is the most reliable, I use my bionic as my primary phone. Should I wait for the OTA in Q4? Thanks for any help!

No, you dont need to be rooted.
Go with .232 leak or wait for the ota. You can go back to .905 from .232 if needed though

deduct

Reaction score
I agree. 232 rocks. I have been running it since the day it was found and its very reliable.

deduct

Reaction score
BJLDroid said:
Would I have to go back to the .905 for the ota, if I go to 232?

Yeah. But its not hard to do.

eye_dea

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
BJLDroid

BJLDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! I'm now running 232 since last night with no problems, wish i had done this weeks ago! Still have to test data connection been on my wifi since update.

TMYINC

Reaction score
Ok so what do I need to do to get back to the 905 for the official OTA?

Follow the link eye_dea posted. Read and follow the op. Only download the 905 files though. Run HoB and choose 905 options and it will direct you from there:).

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

OP
BJLDroid

BJLDroid

Reaction score
TMYINC said:
Follow the link eye_dea posted. Read and follow the op. Only download the 905 files though. Run HoB and choose 905 options and it will direct you from there:).

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Many thanks to you!

Renzou2k4

Reaction score

Where would one find this ICS .232 leak as I don't believe I have found any posts with a non rooted ICS install.

deduct

Reaction score
I've read that it is probably 247 as well. Ill see if I can find it for ya