restore rooted .905 bionic to stock on mac?

gmilliken

Reaction score
My bionic is rooted and running a .905 rom, and i want to go back to stock and get on the update path and get legit ICS from verizon. problem is i only have access to a mac. i know on windows you use rsd and fxz but i cant do that. and all i can find anywhere is deprecated methods that only work on 893 or lower, is there any current way to restore a 905 bionic to full stock on a mac? thanks

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Nope, your best bet is to ask a friend with a Windows machine if you can use it long enough to FXZ. That or use something like Boot Camp to run Windows on your Mac.

OP
G

gmilliken

Reaction score
Nope, your best bet is to ask a friend with a Windows machine if you can use it long enough to FXZ. That or use something like Boot Camp to run Windows on your Mac.
well, updating cause i found a way myself, turns out it is possible with fastboot. i used this guide Installing a leaked ICS build on a Droid Bionic from OSX « Geeky i followed it only as far as step 6, which was after youve completed flashing the 902 pieces through fastboot. i didnt flash 905 in stock recovery or the leak cause obviously legit ICS from verizon is out now so im letting my phone take the OTAs. i'm not gonna lie, it wasnt super easy and my phone was partially bricked and bootlooped for a while, and im honestly not even sure what eventually pulled it out. but after a while i turned it on and stock 902 came up and i just got the 905 OTA and im about to do the ICS OTA. i may have messed up some of the steps, and so thats why it might have bootlooped, but in the end it worked, so if youre like me and stuck with mac only, this should work, but no promises.