upgrading to .905 and ICS on safestrapped Droid Bionic

yankee39

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

After reading multiple threads and postings, I am more confused that when I started. I have a safestrapped (1.07) bionic with a .905 stock rom on the "unsafe" side and am running Eclipse 2.2 (.902) on the "safe" side. I would like to 1) get the .905 update onto the "safe" side to install eclipse 3 and/or one of the ICS leaks. I have googled and searched multiple forums looking for a stock .905 to apply to the safe side with no luck.

Therefore:
1) does anyone know where I can locate a stock .905 that can be installed on the "safe" side i.e. an update.zip file
2) after installing .905 on the safe side, can I flash an ICS (preferably a .232) rom onto the safe side?
3) the most current version of safestrap is 2.11, but when I try to install it on the unsafe side, I get a parsing error. Is this version for ICS?

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Sticky right here in the droidforums: link

Will bring your phone to stock .905, a good idea just to be sure you are stock.

Before upgrading to ics, you must switch to your unsafe side, delete roms and safestrap and be stock .905. Official ICS cannot be safestrapped, and is flashed via placing the update in your external sd card and booting into stock recovery and flashing from there.

After you are on ics, safestrap 2.x can be used for a rooted phone. I would also check out samuri's baby: here and the hob faq

Hope this gets you started, others with ics leak links may be able to get you hooked up with those if you want them.

edit: I should also note that ota is close for our bionic, so waiting on stock 905 isnt the worst case at this point (who knows after this long summer of waiting though!)

And always make a backup before you lose something you want!

OP
Y

yankee39

Reaction score
Thanks. I read through the stickies but must have read it incorrectly

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
The house of bionic is the safest way to go once you are stock and have safe strap removed. It has 232 which is fxz-able to GB