Gmail not checking mail

w-r-g

Reaction score
Gmail hangs or does not check my email sometimes. I am using my pop3 server to send and recieve and gmail just gets it to my phone. I have to physically go into the account properties and make it check mail for it to go out and fetch the mail and then like 30 msgs hit gmail and or course my phone. It has only done this in the past 2 days but done it several times. Is there something I can fix or what? It has been working fine for several months but just started it a couple days ago.

Thanks

crspang

Reaction score
Gmail hangs or does not check my email sometimes. I am using my pop3 server to send and recieve and gmail just gets it to my phone. I have to physically go into the account properties and make it check mail for it to go out and fetch the mail and then like 30 msgs hit gmail and or course my phone. It has only done this in the past 2 days but done it several times. Is there something I can fix or what? It has been working fine for several months but just started it a couple days ago.

Thanks

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/25444-how-long-does-your-gmail-sync-last.html

maybe this'll help

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Mine has done the hit and miss like that since I installed the new Google Maps 4.0 . and the Buzz thing .

lmapp

Reaction score
The big problem is that there's no way to tell Gmail how often to check your POP account(s). It's random. You can go to your Gmail account on the web and manually make it sync, but you pretty much need to be at a PC (defeats the purpose).

I've got Gmail checking 2 of my POP accounts. It usually works ok, but this morning I noticed that it went 20 hrs between checks on one account. The other was every couple of hours. No rhyme or reason. I don't think that it has anything to do with the phone.

You can usually set up your POP account to forward to your Gmail (or whatever) account, but I quit doing that for some reason. There was something that I didn't like about that , but I can't remember what it was.

Last edited:
OP
W

w-r-g

Reaction score
Yes exactly, no rhyme or reason at all. It has been working all morning but now it stopped again. I hate that you cannot set it to check mail every x minutes or whatever. It cannot have anything to do with the phone as gmail has to get the msgs first and they are not there until I manually sync. Oh well maybe just a gmail thing that will get fixed here soon.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I hadn't had a problem with my gmail since I got the phone in late Dec. That is, until this week. I haven't changed much with my phone this week, except for downloading Google Earth (I'm unrooted 2.0.1, got the apk from RinTinTigger's post). I don't think this would affect gmail or sync, but thought I'd throw that out there, anyone else put Earth on recently in this boat? I've since cleared my cache and done all the steps you read about, so we'll see. I'm getting good sync right now, just hope it holds.

Newps

Reaction score
I had this happen to me a couple days ago. I only use Gmail to check my POP email account. I also have my POP email account setup on the stock email program. Turns out that on my Gmail account the box that holds my POP email account password got cleared out, therefore stopping Gmail from accessing my POP account. No idea how that could happen. Put it back in there and it's been normal since.