Gizmodo ain't no fanboi anymore

Reaction score
Since Apple had a Gizmodo employee's house raided about a month ago the tides at that website have been turning. They still have a HUGE iphag fanbase, so they aren't outright trashing Apple (yet), but over the last month their commentary has been leaning more and more toward Google and Android. This is their newest article, suffice it to say I think the day of apple has finally ended at Giz:

10 Things Android Does Better Than iPhone OS

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice......That will get the iPhone fan boys in a rage. ;)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
fanboy or not, the people at Gizmodo seem to give really strong opinions on their articles. It's hard to get rid of bias, but some sites, such as Engadget, seem to give a somewhat equal review of products.

I never liked Gizmodo and don't really care for them even if they get off the Apple wagon.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
just read some of the comments it looks like i all the iphone fanboys are getting a little butthurt over that article.

CongoJack90

Reaction score
just read some of the comments it looks like i all the iphone fanboys are getting a super butthurt over that article.

Fixed that for ya. Anyways apple fanboys won't question the overlord steve until they themselves have their homes raided for the lulz.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not a bad piece, though the comment about the superiority of the Android Market is laughable.

However, several of the criticisms directed toward the iPhone will be addressed in the upcoming 4th generation release. And for those that aren't, the comparison is not really between a particular phone and the iPhone, they're between the android platform and the iPhone software platform.

For example, the complaint that the iPhone is available only on AT&T is true. But the Moto Droid is available only on Verizon, the EVO only on Sprint, etc.

BlueSami

Reaction score
Wow there are some real iphone idoits on that page!!
jailbraking is the same as custom roms!!

O and you can get a 15$ data package!! (what a deal!!!) lol

R

Romple

Just skip the article and read the comments. Much more entertaining.

NoKz

Reaction score
mr-burns-excellent.jpg

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
10 things apple does better then android:

1) makes great sauce
2) makes good juice
3) makes a good pie
4) makes a good cobbler
5) serves as a paper weight for teachers
6) goes good with a turkey and cheese sandwich
7) makes good hot cider
8) goes well as an oatmeal topping
9) goes good with yams
10) make good ipods

SpykeZ

Reaction score

1) makes great sauce
2) makes good juice
3) makes a good pie
4) makes a good cobbler
6) goes good with a turkey and cheese sandwich
7) makes good hot cider
8) goes well as an oatmeal topping
9) goes good with yams
10) make good ipods

Anti theft device as well, ever got beamed in teh face by a crab apple? NOT a fun time.

Scblacksunshine

Reaction score
Haha I like this fanboi's response...almost remind me of a little kid..."No...it doesn't count...You take it back...":icon_eek:

willzone1 03:35 PM
progressIndicator_roller.gif

Invite a friend to comment

1. (Backgrounding) will be irrelevant soon.
2. Yeah, I'm jealous of widgets. Really jealous. But this and the change settings faster are the same, since those settings buttons are widgets. But yeah I want widgets on my iPhone.
3. No, it's not. Open doesn't mean better. And for the most part, the apps on the iPhone are more refined. Not to mention the iPad versions becoming more mature as well. Does the android store have tablet specific as well? No.
4. Yeah, i'm jealous of android notifications. 'nuf said.
5. This is also a plus for iPhone. All 3 iPhone OS devices are made by the same company, so there's no fragmentation with updates (though iPhone OS4 won't be able to run on older devices, but that's because of processing restraints).
6. Yeah, at&t is mediocre. But it will allow me to have a $15 data plan, which no other carrier will.
7. This isn't android anymore once you do custom ROMs. And it's not all that different from jailbreaking.
8. Same as widgets argument. This one doesn't count.
9. Facebook app notifications are good enough for me. Don't see need for social integration on a system-wide level (that's my opinion. yours may differ).
10. Actually, all the android phones require the same $30 per month data plan. iPhone will have more pricing flexibility on June 7. And you can have an iPhone for 3 different costs ($99, $199, $299). So this one is actually a plus for iPhone.

Your list of 10 is actually a list of 2

EbE404

Reaction score

Dude...really?

I (and, I suspect most people reading this) prefer the Droid and Android. However, I have yet to detect any ill effect on my life in general from anybody who likes their iPhone.

Rants about "fanboys" are interesting things. In fact, a great article about the term was recently published:

Fanboy!

There's an interesting insight toward the end, but I'll leave it to you all to find it. ;)

Flame suit on!

SpykeZ

Reaction score
Haha I like this fanboi's response...almost remind me of a little kid..."No...it doesn't count...You take it back...":icon_eek:

willzone1 03:35 PM
progressIndicator_roller.gif

Invite a friend to comment

1. (Backgrounding) will be irrelevant soon.
2. Yeah, I'm jealous of widgets. Really jealous. But this and the change settings faster are the same, since those settings buttons are widgets. But yeah I want widgets on my iPhone.
3. No, it's not. Open doesn't mean better. And for the most part, the apps on the iPhone are more refined. Not to mention the iPad versions becoming more mature as well. Does the android store have tablet specific as well? No.
4. Yeah, i'm jealous of android notifications. 'nuf said.
5. This is also a plus for iPhone. All 3 iPhone OS devices are made by the same company, so there's no fragmentation with updates (though iPhone OS4 won't be able to run on older devices, but that's because of processing restraints).
6. Yeah, at&t is mediocre. But it will allow me to have a $15 data plan, which no other carrier will.
7. This isn't android anymore once you do custom ROMs. And it's not all that different from jailbreaking.
8. Same as widgets argument. This one doesn't count.
9. Facebook app notifications are good enough for me. Don't see need for social integration on a system-wide level (that's my opinion. yours may differ).
10. Actually, all the android phones require the same $30 per month data plan. iPhone will have more pricing flexibility on June 7. And you can have an iPhone for 3 different costs ($99, $199, $299). So this one is actually a plus for iPhone.

Your list of 10 is actually a list of 2

lol verizon has a 15 dollar data plan

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

1) makes great sauce
2) makes good juice
3) makes a good pie
4) makes a good cobbler