Gizmodo ain't no fanboi anymore

tsnstuff

Reaction score
I had been using Iphones since the Iphone 3G came out. I met a friend who I convinced to get a new Iphone, by then the 3GS was out and I wanted it. So instead of paying a ridiculous amount of money for it, I told my friend to get it and then I gave him the $200 he paid and gave him my 3G. He was happy with a Iphone that looked like new, and I was happy with my $200 3GS.

But I kept seeing android this and android that. I didn't like this Android thing. However one day I bought me an Archos 5 IT which came with Android 1.5. I figured now I had the best of both worlds. That Archos 5 started looking a lot more interesting, and the thought of having a phone that worked like that was even better. And then my roommate got a Motorola Droid. Damn him I thought. I bashed his phone but secretly wanted one.

Until it wasn't a secret anymore, I wanted one! I cancelled my Iphone service and sold the Iphone 3Gs and that same day went into a verizon store and got me a Droid. Right away I found this website and in less than a week I had already rooted my droid and installed Adamz's Smoke Glass 6. I also freaked out for a while thinking I had bricked it. I was scared, i had jailbroken my Iphone but this was all new.

Honestly I thought the Droid would be fun for a while and then I'd miss my Iphone. But I'm still seriously having a blast with my phone. Currently running Bugless 1.1 with the NexTheme and I'm just loving it.

I do want to thank this forum and Adamz and Pete and just everyone that makes this place so great. I never post but I sure have been around and you guys have helped me a ton.

Oh and as far as the Google Market, I actually prefer it. So easy to install and uninstall things and so easy to get my money back when I buy something that I just don't want.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
another iphone customer who switched. Welcome to the club. If you still want the best of both worlds get an ipod touch since you are rooted and have wifi tethering. I am still waiting for it ti go on sale some more.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure this whole trend has ANYTHING to do with the Apple raid or anything like that; it COULD be a simple case of Android being more exciting right now. What does Apple have coming? The iPhone 4G - on the other hand, the Android world is EXPLODING. There is so much new to talk about that the simple fact is this: Android is where the real NEWS is. The raid might not have helped things for Apple any as it relates to Gizmodo; but I doubt it's the root cause.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I had been using Iphones since the Iphone 3G came out. I met a friend who I convinced to get a new Iphone, by then the 3GS was out and I wanted it. So instead of paying a ridiculous amount of money for it, I told my friend to get it and then I gave him the $200 he paid and gave him my 3G. He was happy with a Iphone that looked like new, and I was happy with my $200 3GS.

But I kept seeing android this and android that. I didn't like this Android thing. However one day I bought me an Archos 5 IT which came with Android 1.5. I figured now I had the best of both worlds. That Archos 5 started looking a lot more interesting, and the thought of having a phone that worked like that was even better. And then my roommate got a Motorola Droid. Damn him I thought. I bashed his phone but secretly wanted one.

Until it wasn't a secret anymore, I wanted one! I cancelled my Iphone service and sold the Iphone 3Gs and that same day went into a verizon store and got me a Droid. Right away I found this website and in less than a week I had already rooted my droid and installed Adamz's Smoke Glass 6. I also freaked out for a while thinking I had bricked it. I was scared, i had jailbroken my Iphone but this was all new.

Honestly I thought the Droid would be fun for a while and then I'd miss my Iphone. But I'm still seriously having a blast with my phone. Currently running Bugless 1.1 with the NexTheme and I'm just loving it.

I do want to thank this forum and Adamz and Pete and just everyone that makes this place so great. I never post but I sure have been around and you guys have helped me a ton.

Oh and as far as the Google Market, I actually prefer it. So easy to install and uninstall things and so easy to get my money back when I buy something that I just don't want.

Dude 1/2 way thru that I thought I was reading penthouse forum ..lol

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
I switched from an iPhone to the Droid and couldn't be happier. It's a far better device.

OP
J
Reaction score
Wow, zero sense of humor from some of you. The "iphag" comment was meant as a joke, but apparently struck a nerve with former owners. Sorry to offend the lot of you.