Gingerbread Update

Reaction score
Idk why people would think gingerbread would debut on the Droid 2 first, out of all android phones. The Droid x, evo 4g, or maybe even a galaxy s are more likely to get it before the D2.

Also, why would google want to plug any root holes they can find? I thought they were the ones who promoted "openness" ? Motorola would be the only one to plug any holes, not google.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think anyones saying its going to be on the d2 first. I think it was getting tested on nexus one developer phones first.

Reaction score
No, a lot of people assumed the droid 2 was possibly getting the gingerbread update with this firmware motorola sent out labelled 2.3.2

Mike55

Reaction score
Sounds good I rooted my phone the other day with the 1 2 3 easy step way from xda. Then unrooted it thinking the update would be soon. Just going to re root it tonight and learn how to add roms and stuff. Still new to all of this

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Idk why people would think gingerbread would debut on the Droid 2 first, out of all android phones. The Droid x, evo 4g, or maybe even a galaxy s are more likely to get it before the D2.

Also, why would google want to plug any root holes they can find? I thought they were the ones who promoted "openness" ? Motorola would be the only one to plug any holes, not google.

The Droid 1 is still the most suitable Droid to get it because, shock, it's running Vanilla Android on it. Google hasn't ruled it out because, shock, the D1 is still considered a Dev phone. :)

However, the D1 isn't very likely to get it first -- the Nexus 1 is -- and there's a good chance it won't get it at all officially, despite Google saying that it's not ruled out because they don't control the software that Motorola and Verizon put on our phones. Google doesn't really care about users rooting, officially. They're not for or against it. Verizon doesn't like it and Motorola has gone on record as saying they hate it. Ergo the 2C. 7C. bootloader on the D1 and the locked bootloaders on the Milestone, D2, DX, etc.

xmguy

Reaction score
That is what upsets me. Motorola and vzw had to doom the D2, DX, and D2G all run moto blur so they can control any os releases.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid 2

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
It's all about money to close root....just in wifi hot spot alone look at how much money there loosing (not that I would pay for it anyways) but thats the way that they look at it

Reaction score
That is what upsets me. Motorola and vzw had to doom the D2, DX, and D2G all run moto blur so they can control any os releases.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid 2

I agree. Motorola knows the community prefers the stock android experience over motoblur. Motorola did it just so they could maintain control over their phone. By doing so, motoblur added a bunch of bugs to the os. I wouldn't mind the bugs as much if motorola was faster at issuing firmware updates. I don't mind the locked bootloader, I just want screenshots and wifi tethering.