Gingerbread Jump Help!

Brekboy37

Reaction score
I have a Droid2 and am rooted, dont have the donate version of Liberty toolbox. I am on Froyo but have been on Liberty 2.0.1 and I want to be on Liberty Gingerbread. So does that mean I need to go to Android 2.3.3? Or can I just jump to JRummys gingerbread? How do I get to Liberty Gingerbread? Please help! I have never needed to SBF or anything so a nice instruction would be fantastically greatly appreciated. Answering this question will add a day to your life because your saving mine. Thanks!

louy99

Reaction score
Or you can flash cyanogenmod GB from froyo.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
B

Brekboy37

Reaction score
Well.... I bricked my phone. It is absolutely stuck. Can't recover, cant sbf, cant clear data or cache, cant do a dang thing. I changed to Gingerbread, and activated my phone, everything was working fine then I went to LGB .1 so I could eventually jump to .9 but thats when i got stuck in bootloop over and over and over. Thank god Verizon has a bunch of goons because they had no idea what was wrong and now I am having one sent to me. Thanks for your help though.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Well.... I bricked my phone. It is absolutely stuck. Can't recover, cant sbf, cant clear data or cache, cant do a dang thing. I changed to Gingerbread, and activated my phone, everything was working fine then I went to LGB .1 so I could eventually jump to .9 but thats when i got stuck in bootloop over and over and over. Thank god Verizon has a bunch of goons because they had no idea what was wrong and now I am having one sent to me. Thanks for your help though.

what did you do exactly that bricked your phone? Explain step by step. Did you wipe data/cache before installing GB? And Liberty? Why did you use LGB .1 and not .8? What happens when you try to get into bootloader?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

louy99

Reaction score
Sounds like he must have done something wrong. Weird that he chose .1 rather than the latest version. I'm sure it can be fixed but now verizon will find out he tampered with his device.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Exactly. If he can get into bootloader he can save the phone. I remember someone posting something about how they got back charged the cost full price of their droid after sending it in cuz they couldn't fix it themselves and VZ/Moto saw it was rooted so they didn't cover it under the manufacture warranty. That's why I'm wondering what steps he took in order for the phone to be stuck like that. It might be something simple to fix.

louy99

Reaction score
Ouch...he better hope he doesn't get a 400 dollar bill added to his phone bill.

OP
B

Brekboy37

Reaction score
I just figured that out! Now I am frantically trying to fix this phone before I have to ship one off! Please help me guys. How do I SBF back so the VZW guys dont see that. I cant find any actual zip files or anything. HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

OP
B

Brekboy37

Reaction score
I ran GB fine. using this file, (How to: Get Rooted Gingerbread on DROID 2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog) Activated and worked just fine. Then I went to the Liberty toolbox and used the link that it said that I thought I needed which was .1 (I dont remember what the link was called.) I booted into clockwork and wiped cache and data, then installed that zip. And I turned my phone on. Let it bootloop for 10 minutes and then pissed my pants. Help me please before my mom beats me for having to pay for a new phone. When I might as well just buy a DX2 or something.

C_BlazE

Reaction score
Power off then power on while holding the up arrow. if you can get into the bootloader. I'll get you the link to the sbf file

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Make sure you dl the FULL SYSTEM SBF file and not the odexed/deodexed files.

C_BlazE

Reaction score
Damn hope he gets it.