Having problem flashing themes on liberty 2.0.1

Droidman6565

Reaction score
I've been trying to flash themes onto my droid r2d2 and cant get them to work. I have liberty 2.0.1. I first tried flashing the black and blue gingerbread theme through the liberty toolbox and whenever i would hit install after downloading it liberty toolbox would force close. I then tried installing epic blue and it made it all the way through or at least i thought it did but when the phone rebooted, the stock liberty theme was still there. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug other people are having.

edwards2243

Reaction score
There's something going on with the toolbox right now. Reboot into clockwork recovery(backup first), wipe cache, then flash the zip file from the liberty folder. Should be smooth as butter after that. I'm using liberated HC right now...very clean, no issues. Well, you may have to redownload the droidorums app and the toolbox.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Droidman6565

Droidman6565

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the quick reply but let me make sure I get this straight before I try it. Make sure I got the steps right.
1. Download theme through liberty tools
2. Boot into recovery.
3. Wipe cache
4. Click on install from sd. (do i need to mount the system first or just go ahead and hit install from sd?)
5. Find liberty folder and click on it.
6. Find the theme. (I'm guessing the theme name will be on the folder so i know its the right one?)
7. Click on the theme and install and then reboot phone.

Is this all correct? Thanks

OP
Droidman6565

Droidman6565

Reaction score
Alright so I got the epic blue theme to work. Now when I go to Liberty Settings it force closes everytime and I didnt have this problem before. Anyone got any ideas?

R2Dtard

Reaction score
I had the same problem after flashing the Oreo Slice theme. Posted it in the Bugs section, hopefully someone is looking into it.

kickyindahead

Reaction score
I had the same problem after flashing the Oreo Slice theme. Posted it in the Bugs section, hopefully someone is looking into it.

did you apply the settings fix downloaded from the liberty toolbox? just covering some bases here .

R2Dtard

Reaction score

did you apply the settings fix downloaded from the liberty toolbox? just covering some bases here .

It never appeared in the rom manager. When I flashed the liberty rom from the toolbox the problem simply never presented itself, until I flashed oreoslice.

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
There's something going on with the toolbox right now. Reboot into clockwork recovery(backup first), wipe cache, then flash the zip file from the liberty folder. Should be smooth as butter after that. I'm using liberated HC right now...very clean, no issues. Well, you may have to redownload the droidorums app and the toolbox.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Nice!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kickyindahead

Reaction score

As far as I know, that was taken out of rom manager for some reason.

hmm... youre right .. it doesnt show up in the rom manager .. they musta fixed whatever the need was for that fix .. i havent done much with liberty since i got it into a stable state on my d2g ... actually quite content with it right now ..