Missing apps after flashing blank and blue gingerbread theme

upangued

Reaction score
I'm new to the whole roms and flashing stuff. Was using toolbox to get the blank and blu gingerbread theme. I backed up and wiped when installing but when my phone booted up instead of saying liberty it said ultimate droid and most of my apps including the liberty toolbox and marget are missing. How do I go back or fix it? Help please

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
I dont use that ROM or theme, however when flashing themes you MUST make sure they are designed for that ROM, because they will replace system files.

So, I would assume the theme is not compatible, you will need to reflash the ROM.

OP
U

upangued

Reaction score
How do I reflash the rom? I used the toolbox to do everythiing since I don't know how to do it manually. I had that theme before but I was trying other ones out and wanted to go back to that one. It worked before but don't know why it messed up this time

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

demandred

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that you don't need to wipe data/cache when installing a theme. This might be your issue. I would reload your backup and then reload the theme without wiping anything. I just loaded the same theme today and everything is working well.

OP
U

upangued

Reaction score
Ok I rebooted into recovery and restored. I reinstalled liberty from the market and wiped and installed liberty 2.0.1 with the toolbox. Everything seems to work except I'm still having trouble viewing some websites. Was having that issue before this one...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums