Gingerbread Jump Help!

jason0803

Reaction score
I am at home with a new battery and I have tried to flash with rsd lite 4.9 with no luck but I am not sure I am doing it right I keep getting a critical fail message.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have
The FULL sbf file
Rsd 4.9
Latest drivers (dl them again to be sure)

Open rsd
Put phone in bootloader (it will say OK to program)
Plug in the phone to the pc
It should show up as s flash and connected
Click the box with (...) and select the EXTRACTED sbf file (it will show up in the top right box of rsd
The start button should be useable now
Hit start and let it ride.
Also make sure you're on a usb 2.0 or later port

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;WMFMNldyrZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMFMNldyrZQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

I know this is for dx, but it's a great visual tool and can serve as a good walk through.
All the best

xm0067

Reaction score
Pertaining to the origional problem:
YOU SILLY BOY. You updated to gingerbread (great! It worked!) But then flash a FROYO rom onto it. 2.01 is froyo. 2.08 (which is available in the sticky thread) is GB. Which is why you bootlooped hard.
But I really hope things work out for you. RSD and SBF can solve essentially any (software, it will not fix it if its been smashed with a hammer.) problem your phone could ever have, and its saved my lucky butt more than once (first time ever flashing a rom I had to use it. First. Ever. That was so traumatic.)

Sent from my Apex-ed Overclocked DROID 2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the same experience. My 1st rom resulted in me having to sbf. It was super traumatic even though I was prepared with all the files and even practiced before flashing the rom just in case. I can only imagine the people that flash first, ask how to sbf after!

xm0067

Reaction score
I had the same experience. My 1st rom resulted in me having to sbf. It was super traumatic even though I was prepared with all the files and even practiced before flashing the rom just in case. I can only imagine the people that flash first, ask how to sbf after!

Oh that was me.. idopa.. I notice you're oc'ed to 1.25ghz, any heat problems? I'm at ulv 1.15 and I've tried 1.2 but it just seemed too much

simon_lefisch

Reaction score

I actually did a lot of research (and I mean A LOT!) About rooting/sbf'ing before even touching my phone. I figure that if I'm gonna do something that culd potentially mess up my phone I better find out if there's a way to fix it before doing anything. You think people would do the same.....def not the case, but that's how we learn.....trial and error :D

CM74D2

xm0067

Reaction score
I actually did a lot of research (and I mean A LOT!) About rooting/sbf'ing before even touching my phone. I figure that if I'm gonna do something that culd potentially mess up my phone I better find out if there's a way to fix it before doing anything. You think people would do the same.....def not the case, but that's how we learn.....trial and error :D

CM74D2

My first sbf I hadn't even heard of SBF or RSD lite.. and this site saved me, which is why I try my best to contrubute back ^_^

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can also get a moto battery on Amazon for $5. It's not a scam and it has saved my arse many times as not a day goes by that I don't flash something haha :p

Hey bro mail me one of those spare batts as I know you have 30+ or so of them Idopa!! Lmao ..nah..anyway I'm ordering the 20.00$ one that comes with charger and extra batt..thought about adding extended too..but why when I would have three..
Which gives me an idea..
Anyone wanna try and help me market a phone case that will hold a spare as well without looking too bulky? Lol