Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow shadez, long post

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
R
Reaction score
Umm... aren't all hauntings??

Yes....but....google the info about the painting. I read something about how the guy who painted the painting was extremely surprised to hear that his painting sold for over a thousand and was equally surprised at the fabricated story behind it being haunted.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yes....but....google the info about the painting. I read something about how the guy who painted the painting was extremely surprised to hear that his painting sold for over a thousand and was equally surprised at the fabricated story behind it being haunted.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I don't need to google it, I know it's a myth. Myths are born from unusual events, or things that people perceive as odd or unusual. The painting in of itself is eerie, that's why it became a myth. There is no way in proving one way or another whether any supernatural activities are associated with the painting. Just like any ghost story told around a campfire, it makes for intrigue and interesting reading and opens up the prospect of not knowing the unknown. Amityville Horror wasn't real either, although was reported and published as true. Look at the Hope diamond, or King Tuts tomb, everyone who was in somehow associated with them died or had some tragic event happen in their lives shortly after...

Last edited:

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
A good haunting story can definitely add value. A 100 year old high school building near me that has been vacant for 20 years is being set up as a haunted house for Halloween. They have been working night and day to get the sets built. Constuction workers on the night shift have been reporting strange things that got picked up by the paper. The promoter knows a colleague of mine. We are both are home inspectors and have equipment that have become popular on the ghost hunting shows on cable. We spent the night in there last night to get some "proof". I have some pics with some strange looking orbs. But neither of us actually experienced any paranormal phenomena. A few cars and lights at the building late at night did attract attention from people wanting to see the "real" ghosts

threecatranch

Reaction score
Both "truth" and "proof" are very slippery items. Truth depends upon belief and/or faith, and upon a person's point of view. And one person's rock-solid proof is another's fluke.

I have had no paranormal experiences myself, but I don't 'disbelieve' in the paranormal - I simply haven't experienced it yet. And I'm not sure what would constitute "proof" of paranormal activity for me. At this point I'm willing to keep an open mind - and to pay attention.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

rbw62

Reaction score
That is indeed a slippery statement, but those who see truth in that vein have a very weak foundation.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForus

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nonetheless...Interesting Shadez...Always a pleasure and you certainly do your homework..and you already knew to give sources..lol Thanks for contributing! :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course when I first started messing with the apps we were discussing earlier...when something crazy weird happened, I would always later pass off as "whatever, just a coincidence.) Kind of dismissal..lol Hmmmm. The cool thing about entity sensor pro is you can actually record and share....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

threecatranch

Reaction score
What a vague, supercilious statement. Explain yourself. If you can.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums