Ghost scrolling (possibly) explained.

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
**This is just how my tests came out, yours may vary.

If you have an OG DROID, you may have this issue with ghost scrolling, such as the phone is like, doing stuff on its own, or scrolling fidgets like mad. (Such as holding the notification bar and watching it just move around freakishly.

So, after playing around with it, I've tried to "toast" my DROID as said at this post here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-touch-screen-ghosting-unresponsive-read.html

I left my DROID out in the sun. That didn't seem to fix the issue. One day. I plugged in my DROID via USB, and this is what seemed to be causing the issue! Even if the phone wasn't fully plugged in, and just touching the contacts of the charging port, ghost scrolling would occur. However, if I plugged in my DROID via AC, this doesn't occur.

So, yah. That be all. Just felt I should share my exploration. Try this out on your own if you have the chance. I dunno if it's just my DROID being defective.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
when I had my OG droid I never had ghost scrolling.

I gave it to my sister and she hasn't complained about it having a mind of it's own either.

you don't have any task killer do you? Are you using the usb cable that came with the phone vs a cheap 3rd party usb cable? (these have been known to cause issues)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
One day. I plugged in my DROID via USB, and this is what seemed to be causing the issue! Even if the phone wasn't fully plugged in, and just touching the contacts of the charging port, ghost scrolling would occur. However, if I plugged in my DROID via AC, this doesn't occur.
Chargers/cables interfering with the screen has been documented many times in the past here. Both DC and AC chargers can cause this. If you're experiencing this then change out the cable/charger (as mentioned in prior threads).

PridgNYC

Reaction score
Yep, charger issue, your charger is not providing enough milliamps to charge and run the phone. This can happen when plugged in to a computer usb port as well. The stock charger puts out 750milliamps, make sure that whatever charger you are using puts out at least this amount, (more is okay, it won't burn out your phone, since the circuitry only draws what it needs) (less is bad, since the circuitry is trying to draw more than the charger is capable of outputting)

estobaughn

Reaction score
Only thing i have had happen on my d1 that is when the headphone jack is plugged in. Sometimes it would go crazy changing tracks or just stopping the music

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums