Ghost Radar review...

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Haven't tried it since the latest updates but I wonder are people having issues when sometimes after hitting the home key with it open the app closes and other times it is still running in the background.
Love the app, the wife has told me not to have it open when the kid is around, it freaks her out too much. I think that is reason enough to have it open. :icon_ devil:

Danthok

Reaction score
Used to work with a "Ghost Buster", she was special to say the least. She was always trying to get me to join her paranormal group and make me listen to her EVPs (electronic voice projections). Some of them held merit but could not be verified without actually processing the data yourself. Sounds like a pretty creative app but not my thing.

Steveindajeep

Reaction score
wonder how far this thing senses? Im sure its not that far.

How does one close the app? Just back out of it to the desktop ?

nitsuj

Reaction score
What sensors does the Droid have that enable it to detect spirits when used with the right programming? What I mean is, you run this app, and the phone is telling you there are ghosts all around, but what sensor on the phone is picking them up? Are ghosts bluetooth enabled?

(Ok, the last question was a joke, but I was serious about the other questions.)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The app provided me with some words... some 'ghosts' on radar... but nothing substantial sitting in my room. Then again I wouldn't say my room has had any 'energies' recently :)

What I did notice was the running Ghost Radar for 10 minutes absolutely annihilated my battery :(
Turn off your screen that seems to help with battery life.

If the screen is off what's the point of the app? Or am I missing audio from it?

FYI... the spudpickles website does a good job explaining the Ghost Radar app. Give it a read if you have any question on how it's supposed to work :)

harlock

Reaction score
exactly. I'd like to see two DROIDS running the app at the same time as well.

harlock

Reaction score
Thoughts on the update from last nite?
i like the addition of being able to set the sensitivity but I wish it would give audible alerts.

The level in VOX did pick up when my dog came into the room. The word "Me" showed up : )

Level was flat as I was typing this so I brought it out near my dog and it went haywire again.

The word 'afraid" showed up then "four" : )

going to move towards him again.

...it said "luck" and "follow"

back in room "studying" showed up but level is flat.

Spuds needs to add audible alerts......

When my cat comes into the room she shows up as a blue blip and don't remember if anything pops up on the screen, I will need to pay attention to that. When my step daughter comes into the room the blip is red and one night it said Alice (not kids name), yes, and "I". The coincidence was two nights prior she was plying Ouija at a friends house and she was visited by her spirit watcher (?) and her name was Alice and that was her late great Aunt. I know I basically repeated what I posted above.

Yeah, my cat, Roopers, was making the thing go crazy last night, and I am pretty sure that my other cat, Frankie, posted three words! I started a thread about my postings, and others are welcome. This app is very interesting.

Mikeharoldl

Reaction score
What sensors does the Droid have that enable it to detect spirits when used with the right programming? What I mean is, you run this app, and the phone is telling you there are ghosts all around, but what sensor on the phone is picking them up? Are ghosts bluetooth enabled?

(Ok, the last question was a joke, but I was serious about the other questions.)

hhahahhahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa, Yes, i just craped my pants!

Echo3

Reaction score
Wow. I downloaded this last night not knowing what to expect, the results I got kinda freaked me out. I uninstalled it right away.

Let's just say IF this app is real...is this something really to be messed around with?

Last thing you want is some dark/evil entity lurking around you and finally being able to physically communicate with you knowing you have a device that can make it possible. I mean it may sound great now, but what about the repercussions later?

Just saying if this app really does somewhat detect ghosts and able to read off their energy and what they're saying.

Just like the days when ouija boards were just a toy and sold at toy stores and people thought it was fun.

shugknight

Reaction score
How come mine doesn't speak the words? It only shows it on the screen. Do I have to do anything special? I tried to go to the settings, but couldn't find anything?!?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Mikeharoldl

Reaction score
its makin s**t up just like that awful ghost hunter show...

ghosts. aren't. real.

you're all crazy...

Just because you have never experienced anything paranormal doesn’t mean they're not real. And there's def no reason to call us all crazy.

In terms of this App, imo I think its purely just for entertainment. Great entertainment for open minds

shugknight

Reaction score
How come mine doesn't speak the words? It only shows it on the screen. Do I have to do anything special? I tried to go to the settings, but couldn't find anything?!?
Install Eyes-Free Project's Text-To-Speech to hear Ghost Radar speak.

Text-To-Speech Extended v2.0 Application for Android | Software libraries

Thanks CK.

Interested to see how this goes. I was already about to text my brother a question and it showed up "faster" and "smoke".

Well he was on his last slice of pizza....