Ghost Hunting

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This has been an interesting read gentlemen, thanks. I get chills just knowing that I can post in a thread with paranormal investigators. Ghost scare the crap out of me and I'm a 30 year old man. I've always felt like I can tell when something is different in a room.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
This has been an interesting read gentlemen, thanks. I get chills just knowing that I can post in a thread with paranormal investigators. Ghost scare the crap out of me and I'm a 30 year old man. I've always felt like I can tell when something is different in a room.
Check out the pix I posted in the off-topic thread about do you believe in ghosts and explain them away. :) And try listening to the EVP I posted.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
The metal detector app could find hidden speakers if you were worried about being spoofed. The Ghost Radar apps are amusing, but I wouldn't take them too seriously unless it suddenly starts being VERY accurate during testing on a particular site.

Audalyzer and Spectralview are useful apps for measuring things, but they're even more useful if you're using an external microphone because you can use magnetic probes. I don't know how well that'd work with a Droid, however. Works fine an an Archos tablet.

EricExtreme

Reaction score
No money involved. My group is a government registered non profit organization. By professional I mean we aren't some group of reality TV fanatics who try to mimic what they see on television and are deeply versed in the methods and theories behind paranormal investigating and have years of experience. In fact I am attending classes on metaphysics to deepen my knowledge even more of the theories behind related subjects. By professional I mean we aren't some group of ghosthunters chasing something we haven't attempted to even begin to understand. I differentiate between the terms ghost hunters and paranormal investigators. To me they are 2 different things.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
No money involved. My group is a government registered non profit organization. By professional I mean we aren't some group of reality TV fanatics who try to mimic what they see on television and are deeply versed in the methods and theories behind paranormal investigating and have years of experience. In fact I am attending classes on metaphysics to deepen my knowledge even more of the theories behind related subjects. By professional I mean we aren't some group of ghosthunters chasing something we haven't attempted to even begin to understand. I differentiate between the terms ghost hunters and paranormal investigators. To me they are 2 different things.
I have so many flipping SLAPS-wannabes in my area I gave up on doing any investigations. One group has been laying traps and infighting so much it's sad, another group has a leader who likes to flirt with college girls and tell them "my spidey sense is tingling" rather than do any investigating, and so on. Most of them are more interested in getting a t-shirt with their name on it than buying proper equipment.

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
Sorry about that. Thumb slipped and I don't seem to have a delete option on this app.

Anywho, yeah I agree about the paratainment shows. Most of my group, including myself, have been doing this long before it was "cool".

What are your prevailing theories? Are you more scientific or spiritual? Or somewhere in between?

My theories fit into M-theory and time slips. Maybe I'll post more on it when I'm not posting from the phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yeah, trying to do much on the phone isn't the easiest thing in the world.

Mine are mostly spiritual, but they have some hard scientific theory backing them up, at least at a superficial level. Not having an advanced degree I can't say how far along the theories are backed up. However, this is beyond the scope of droid applications. :) Probably an off-topic thread would be best to continue this.

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
Cool. For the sake of not pushing the boundaries of 'off-topic' any further, I suggest we move the further replies there, unless there are other apps for the android that you can think of that might be worth while.

DansDroid83

Reaction score
I've always been interested in the paranormal and the very first time I tried Ghost Radar, my daughter said she thought there may be something in her closet. I took the phone in to her room and got a heat spot coming from the closet. I did a sweep and when I got to her winter coat, the VOX word database produced the word "winter" so much for random word generator. I've used this app many times in allegedly haunted locations and got some interesting, relevant responses. IMHO it does what it was designed for, not just a "toy app".

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've always been interested in the paranormal and the very first time I tried Ghost Radar, my daughter said she thought there may be something in her closet. I took the phone in to her room and got a heat spot coming from the closet. I did a sweep and when I got to her winter coat, the VOX word database produced the word "winter" so much for random word generator. I've used this app many times in allegedly haunted locations and got some interesting, relevant responses. IMHO it does what it was designed for, not just a "toy app".

That's awesome! I love ghost hunting and paranormal investigation stories and shows(that don't seem to farfetched). I'm addicted to reading them online when bored and watching Ghost Adventures. To be honest, that stuff freaks the hell out of me.. I don't see how some people can legitimately provoke them, especially demons.. but at the same time I can't stop reading/watching about them.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

stuffapproved

Reaction score
Paranormal Recorder

I've been using Paranormal Recorder for the iphone, and have gotten amazing results. I have now switched to Android, and have been very disappointed. One thing is that there are no apps with a good EMF level meter. They all have these goofy led style displays which are basically useless. I've downloaded a few and quickly realized they were all bunk. Take a look at some of the recording I've gotten off Paranormal Recorder. Every time I turn it on the reader jumps all over the place, no matter where I go. I get voices from everywhere!

[video=youtube;3eZEROXia-I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eZEROXia-I[/video]

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been using Paranormal Recorder for the iphone, and have gotten amazing results. I have now switched to Android, and have been very disappointed. One thing is that there are no apps with a good EMF level meter. They all have these goofy led style displays which are basically useless. I've downloaded a few and quickly realized they were all bunk. Take a look at some of the recording I've gotten off Paranormal Recorder. Every time I turn it on the reader jumps all over the place, no matter where I go. I get voices from everywhere!

[video=youtube;3eZEROXia-I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eZEROXia-I[/video]

The best one I use is entity sensor pro, its real and it works, not stating that I have witnessed much, but the app works..emf and all

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

zacedward

Reaction score
I looked in market cant find entity pro

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums