Getting rid of unofficial Froyo

o0Loiter0o

Reaction score
Hey I really want to get rid of my unofficial version of Froyo. I don't think there's a way to get from unoff 2.2 to off 2.2 so I have to go back to stock, right? I've searched and I've found a lot of threads about getting back to stock, and I was wondering if there was one trusted, easy way. I'd appreciate any help that can be given. Thanks.

-C

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what exactly did you put on your phone? a manual update of an OS is just as good as the OTA one..

OP
O

o0Loiter0o

Reaction score
I guess I should've said that I have a Moto droid.

The reason I want to go back is that Pandora, iheartradio and Youtube won't work and I suspect it has something to do with the unofficial release.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I guess I should've said that I have a Moto droid.

The reason I want to go back is that Pandora, iheartradio and Youtube won't work and I suspect it has something to do with the unofficial release.

ok when you say unofficial what exactly did you put on it? are you rooted?

OP
O

o0Loiter0o

Reaction score
I downloaded an unofficial 2.2 like two days before it came out, went into recovery mode, and clicked apply update.zip. I got it from this forum, I think.

philnolan3d

Reaction score
You mean for the Droid X? Another reason to get rid of it is that Motorola said they would not be updating the leaked one. Sorry to say I haven't heard a way to get rid of it, but then I haven't been looking either.

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
Assuming this is a Droid 1, just install the FRG01B "master OTA" and then the FRG22D update OTA and you're all set. I too went from FRG22 leak to FRG22D official and did it exactly as I just said.

OP
O

o0Loiter0o

Reaction score
Awesome. I'll give it a try. Thanks. I really appreciate it.

darkgreen

Reaction score
Assuming this is a Droid 1, just install the FRG01B "master OTA" and then the FRG22D update OTA and you're all set. I too went from FRG22 leak to FRG22D official and did it exactly as I just said.

Sounds like you have a solution. Can anyone add some details on how to do those steps and will it work if I'm rooted?

Basically I rooted to try out the Wifi hotspotting but it turns out I never use it and I'm tired of turning off the "system update" dialog and would like to go back to being unrooted. I've googled and searched here on unrooting and all I find is a couple old entries on returning to stock and losing all apps and data. Is that the only way or can I install the "master OTA" mentioned above to get back on the normal path?