Getting Custom Kernels Running on the Droid X

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! If you don't want people hacking into your phone, DEF keep it away from Android users!! Haha!

This would be awesome.. the fact the Motorola locked this is ridiculous. The whole reason Android managed to grow so fast and that Motorola is even relevant right now is that they exploited the fact that Apple held 100% control over their device and they put out a product that the users had control of.

Hypocrites.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

dilleyo

Reaction score
Is there any actual news to make me wanna continue following it or do u think birdman was right I haven't heard to much about this the dev hasn't kept up on this post or twitter that much alost cause? Or is he just in the shadows no disrespect I'm just sure everyone wants the DX fully rooted by bypassing the stock kernal but is it possible with a working ril all I'm saying is a lil new here and the would be nice IV tried cheaking up on it cuz I want the day custom roms become avalible but its seems like he just has ideas again no disrespect just trying to cheak the progress on this!

OP
aliasxerog

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
No I have code. The project isn't really progressing very fast because its not my primary project. It will get done when its done.

Sent from my DROIDX

Shadowline

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster here... Since I have a Droid 2 (which is also similarly locked) I wonder if your approach will also work for us ? Also, once you get some working code I would love to donate some beer money !! So perhaps thats some incentive....:biggrin:

OP
aliasxerog

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hopefully. My secondary goal is to make it so you can unlock any phone with a simple compile and a wee bit of hacking to get kexec running.

Sent from my DROIDX

dilleyo

Reaction score
Well thanks for the quick response atleast we get feed back an I like the confidence level I'm really excited to see this up an running I really wanna get cm6 on the x!

OP
aliasxerog

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I would kill to see cm on the x. Ideally I want the bootloader hacked because that is way more stable than anything I could ever write.

Sent from my DROIDX

dilleyo

Reaction score
True would be amazing but it seems like all the devs don't want part in the x unless we have a bypass and or hack bootloader but the only true unlock we could really get would be if Motorola released the keys or an update with a unlocked bootloader like the d1 an the reason being is because the refused trying to do it by our selfs is too risky especially if the Dx is your main phone like mine is if it wasn't I'd read up an do everything I could man I wish I was really good in Linux kernals an all that or I would totally help out cuz I think this project is the closest we will get to loading kernals but who know maybe if u do get this done an working with the proper radio an rils an all that working maybe moto will release the keys!!! Haha who are we kidding Motorola is full of a#s wholes haha but I'd love to help don't know much about kernals but will do everything I can if there is anything for me I like this dev he has a good attitude an wont give up even when ppl are saying he can't I believe in u I was just wondering if u were still working on it I'm glad u are though!

Soapinmouth

Reaction score
True would be amazing but it seems like all the devs don't want part in the x unless we have a bypass and or hack bootloader but the only true unlock we could really get would be if Motorola released the keys or an update with a unlocked bootloader like the d1 an the reason being is because the refused trying to do it by our selfs is too risky especially if the Dx is your main phone like mine is if it wasn't I'd read up an do everything I could man I wish I was really good in Linux kernals an all that or I would totally help out cuz I think this project is the closest we will get to loading kernals but who know maybe if u do get this done an working with the proper radio an rils an all that working maybe moto will release the keys!!! Haha who are we kidding Motorola is full of a#s wholes haha but I'd love to help don't know much about kernals but will do everything I can if there is anything for me I like this dev he has a good attitude an wont give up even when ppl are saying he can't I believe in u I was just wondering if u were still working on it I'm glad u are though!

R u stoned?:icon_eek:

OP
aliasxerog

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You should always toke heavily prior to programming or posting to a forum.

Sent from my DROIDX

sruel3216

Reaction score

R u stoned?:icon_eek:

hahahaha that first sentence is soooooo long

samsonite801

Reaction score
Boy, am I glad I didn't get a Droid X !!!

I see all this crap you guys are having to endure now and it freaks me out because I was so close to getting the X without doing any research.

My Droid 1 just took a crap (half of the touch screen sensor went dead), so I went on into the Verizon store and looked at all the Motorola crap and then after playing with an HTC Incredible and realized it was miles ahead of the Moto products, I got that one. It is thinner than my D1, doesn't have that clunky mechanical keyboard, and the UI (Sense with 2.2), is much more polished than Motorola, and right then I knew I made a good choice. Then I came here and saw this thread and see that Motorola is starting to acts like Steve Jobs and lock everything so airtight we cant even swap out the bootloader.

I'm already rooted on my new Incredible, and I unlocked the bootloader and the /system and have Clockwork all installed and have already tried several ROMs. Boy, I feel like I really dodged a bullet there. I think I'm pretty much done with Motorola anyway, since my D1 only lasted 4 months before the capacitive touch sensor puked out on it. Stupid slider was getting all loose and sliding in and out like an old antique dresser drawer anyway. After only 4 months...

Last edited: