Getting Custom Kernels Running on the Droid X

kicker22004

Reaction score
so it's a no go?

So it doesn't look like this is going to actually happen, Been reading over the Tweets and on the irc channels and it's all quite.Damn was really looking forward to this.

OP
aliasxerog

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It still might happen. I'm still working on it off and on, but nothing serious. I really want to get to the point that I can release the code, but I'm really afraid people might actually use it. The issue currently is with loading drivers into the new kernel. I'm not exactly sure how to fix that at the moment.

Sent from my DROIDX

kicker22004

Reaction score
Hard to believe that there is nobody out there that can to the Driver work....if i knew how i wouldn't sleep until this was done.I understand that you are afraid that people with try and use your code.But the more people that can look at it the better,Someone could know the answer just by looking at it a different way.Just warn people to not use it lol

OP
aliasxerog

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well from the backtraces I've done it looks to be a problem inside Motorola's kernel, which sadly is the one we can't mess with to fix. I'm not sure if we're going to see that fixed until gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX

kicker22004

Reaction score
Ouch which we are not 100% sure we will get.Well the best of luck to you man i'll be watching and Praying.

Soapinmouth

Reaction score
you think motos going to fix the kernal if iys not causing them any problems? It seems like the kernal issue is only affecting us. So is this officially a brick wall then until moto changes the kernel? If they do

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey I heard the bootloader is locked, is this true? :)

Kiddin', sorry.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk