Getting Bout Tired Of This...

NVash

Reaction score
Anyone else tired of the Droid deleting Contacts? This has happened about four or five times since I got it and its really getting on my every last nerve. Every time I turn around it seems I lose another Contact. And the funniest part is, if I check my Calls list, theyre still there. Txt list, theyre still there. But if I go into my Contacts list to call them back, theyre gone. I reboot the phone, it still wont come up. Best way to remedy it is to write down the number and then put the Contact back in the phone.

Anyone know how to remedy this problem? As I said, its getting real old real fast.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess it would make me tired of it happening, but I've had mine since the middle of November and never had an issue with contacts getting deleted. Jealous girl/boyfriend getting a hold of your phone and deleting contacts?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Are they still listed in your contact online in Gmail?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else tired of the Droid deleting Contacts? This has happened about four or five times since I got it and its really getting on my every last nerve. Every time I turn around it seems I lose another Contact. And the funniest part is, if I check my Calls list, theyre still there. Txt list, theyre still there. But if I go into my Contacts list to call them back, theyre gone. I reboot the phone, it still wont come up. Best way to remedy it is to write down the number and then put the Contact back in the phone.

Anyone know how to remedy this problem? As I said, its getting real old real fast.

When you go on line to Gmail and Contacts do you have these people that are disappearing listed as "My Contacts?" And the contacts that you are putting in there do they all have phone numbers? There is an option on the Droid for contacts only with phone numbers.

As far as losing your contacts if you have it set up as I described in the previous paragraph you can import your contacts off your SD card. Go to contacts/menu button/import-export/import from SD card.

I've never had a single contact disappear from my Droid if it was listed in "My Contacts." Double check your on line settings.

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
No, I dont use GMail. I just set mine up and never used it. How do I get them saved there?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No, I dont use GMail. I just set mine up and never used it. How do I get them saved there?

Settings>>accounts & Sync>>check your gmail account

NitherWise

Reaction score

I was having this problem as well until I went into my Gmail contacts and moved the missing contacts to "My Contacts" within Gmail.

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had mine since december and have never had a problem with this. I'll will say there are things I'm tired of, particularly people blaming the phone/OS for their own shortcomings and people not using the search function in the forum (huh... smileys aren't working on mobile site... insert waving devil:wink:)

lockman

Reaction score
This happened to me the other night. Did a factory reset, and after, only 23 contacts showed up. I was like "Oh sh__ "for about 5 seconds til I remembered that this occasionally happens. Went into GMail contacts, clicked select all to move everyone, then told it to delete duplicates. Easy as pie. For every "shortcoming", I find 5 Damn-I-Love-This-Phone's.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, it says its synced, how do I pull them up from there and even delete multiple copies of the same Contact?

Quickest way I've found is to get a computer and goto your contacts and manage/edit from there, all changes should be synced/forced to your Droid after you save them:
google.com/contacts

jimnutt

Reaction score
Okay, it says its synced, how do I pull them up from there and even delete multiple copies of the same Contact?

Instead of just deleting the multiple copies you might want to merge them (if the different copies contain different information). You can do it either on the phone or at google.com/contacts.