Wrong Contact Picture during Phone Call

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Odd issues I just recently noticed...

I've entered in contacts into my phone by typing their name and their phone number. Their picture downloads from Facebook and shows up fine in my contact list. There are a few that aren't on Facebook that I have manually set up pictures for on my phone.

It's all synced to my google account, I believe.

When I make or receive calls, though, the correct picture doesn't always show up. Often times, let's say friend John Smith calls, his picture will be a random Facebook friend, who isn't even a contact on my phone.

At one point a friend of mine on Facebook made their picture Barack Obama. I was pretty surprised to see his face on my phone when I got a call...

So, should I turn off sync with Facebook? Or resync? Or manually enter pictures into my Google Contacts (ew)? I'm not sure how to remedy this.

JonoPorter

Reaction score
I also have this problem.
Its incredibly annoying because it freaks me out in the middle of the call.
Also when you click the link to go the the contact incall it goes to the wrong contact as well.

I've "Fixed it" by desyncing my facebook profile with my phone then resyncing it. but this ends up having the contact button just say "contact not found"
This is a major failure on the part of whoever programmed this.

OP
O

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Bumping this. I've moved onto Froyo since my last post on this but I still have the same issue. Even if I specifically define a picture for a contact, I will still see an incorrect picture, from Facebook, when I get the call.

It's very confusing. Does anyone have a fix that really works?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see this problem from time to time but I've not seen a solution. I tried a search on the issue itself and I don't come up with much. I can tell you as you already know this is not unique to your phone. But a solution I don't see.

I know what I'd try and do. Factory data reset out of your privacy settings. If the problem still occurs after that then I would use my warranty option.

OP
O

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I don't believe using the warranty will help.

Reason being is that I've used two different Droids (first one had a screen/keyboard issue), I've rooted the current one, run different roms, and am currently using the latest Froyo rom that's been posted here.

In EVERY one of these instances, I've had the same issue. It occurs over different hardware and software. Because of that, I believe it to be a faulty software issue, and getting a new phone from the year long warranty probably won't help.

I just wish, if that IS the case, that a way to fix it was found.